Sabine's Dilemma

Ezra followed Sabine and locked the door behind him. Sabine sat down on the bed and Ezra sat next to her. "Ez, I guess I owe you an explanation about earlier." "No you don't, this is private for you and I won't pry." Sabine gave him a grateful smile, "Thanks." They sat in silence and Sabine rested her head on Ezra's shoulder. Ezra put an arm around her, "Come here." Sabine willing let herself be pulled into Ezra's lap and moved her head from his shoulder to his chest. Ezra leaned against the headboard with Sabine sideways on his lap and her head nestled into his chest. Soon he heard her steady breathing and knew she had fallen asleep. He closed his eyes as well and went to sleep.

Ezra was awakened by someone whimpering. He opened his eyes to see Sabine curled up on her side of the bed. He shook her gently, "Sabine wake up." Sabine woke up confused and then realized where she was. She sat up and reached for a cup filled with water. Ezra watched her worryingly, "Was it a bad dream?" Sabine shook her head, "Yeah, just bad stuff from my past haunting me." Ezra rubbed her back comfortingly, "Do you want to talk about it?" Sabine shook her head and laid back down, "I'll be fine." Ezra touched her hair gently, "I'm here if you need to talk." He then squeezed her hand and fell asleep.

Sabine was up early trying to erase last night's memory. She touched the scar across her back and sighed, bad memories. Her mother came in and sat down across from her, "You seem upset, is everything okay?" "No mother, I'm fine." Ursa crossed her arms, "Uh huh, spill." Sabine shook her head, "You wouldn't understand." "And who would?" Sabine shrugged, "Ketsu?" Ursa nodded, "This is about when we disowned you, if I'm correct?" Sabine looked away, "Yeah." Ursa leaned back, "Not one of my better decisions, I must admit. But think about it, you would've never met the Ghost Crew, had your adventures and met Ezra." "It was still hard mom, having your own family disown you and then try to capture me", Sabine said softly. "I had to make a new family, it worked out, but you don't know how hard it was for me." "Again Sabine, I made some mistakes, we both did. And I'm really sorry for them." Sabine fingered her mug, "I know mom." Ezra walked in and poured his own cup of caf, "Good morning ladies." Ursa nodded, "Good morning." Sabine stayed quiet and sipped her drink. Ezra turned toward her and gave her a smile. Sabine looked down, "Morning Ez." Ezra grinned, "You too. Up for some sparring?" "Sorry, I have some stuff I need to do in the library", Ezra's face fell slightly, "Of course." He then left leaving them alone again. Ursa set her cup down, "Does Ezra know about your feelings?" "No, in fact he doesn't know much about my past before I joined the Ghost Crew." "Sabine he is your husband." "I know, it's just hard to talk about my past. I always end up breaking down at the end." Ursa reached over and squeezed her daughter's hand, "He loves you Sabine, he wants to comfort you in any way he can. When you two first came here to Krownest I could see he was very protective of you. I know a Jedi's lightsaber is his life and when he threw it to you to fight Gar Saxon, he was entrusting you with his life." Sabine nodded, "I realized that after the fight. I was so caught up in the moment I wasn't able to realize the significance of it until he left." Ursa stood up, "I'll leave you alone to think." Sabine rubbed her temple, she had always had a hard time sharing her feelings, even with Ezra. Finally she decided to go talk to him.

Ezra was sparring with Tristan when Sabine walked in. He looked up and quickly swept Tristan's feet out from under him, ending the match. "Were you just toying with me?", asked Tristan getting up. Ezra smirked, "Maybe." Tristan rolled his eyes, "Jedi." He then walked out to go get a glass of water. Ezra looked down at his wife, "You okay?" Sabine nodded, "Care to spar?" "Sure", they both got in a fighting stance and began. It was almost like a dance to them, they both knew each other's moves and techniques. While they were fighting Ezra felt a wave of pain come off Sabine. He stumbled a bit, but regained his balance. Sabine pushed forward and soon pinned him to the ground. She smirked, "Better luck next time." Ezra frowned as Sabine helped him up, "I felt it." Sabine face fell and she looked down. Sabine was about to say something when Kylee came in, "Mission meeting in 10 minutes guys." She raced off and they walked to their room. Ezra went and changed into fresh clothes and then waited for Sabine to change. She came out, grabbed her helmet and was about to open the door, when Ezra pulled her into him, "I love you", he whispered. She let him hold her for awhile, until she pulled away and Ezra smiled lopsided grin at her. She laughed, Come on, we don't want to be late."

At the meeting they made plans to destroy the Duchess. "So supposedly the Duchess is going to be in the capital of Mandalore to keep things in order", Ursa informed them. "We can blow it up", said Fenn Raul. Bo-Katan shook her head, "Absolutely not. There will be hundreds of people there, the last thing we need is to kill more innocent people." "Agreed", said Ursa. Ezra studied the maps and hologram of the city, "Could we possibly climb through the sewers below and access the Duchess from there?" Ursa magnified the sewers, "Possibly, we would need to memorize the tunnels, one could easily get lost down there." Tristan snapped his fingers, "Of course! The Duchess's bottom plates come off and we could destroy it from underneath. If the Duchess was over the sewers hole, we could have easy access. I have a few loyal friends who could make sure it's over the hole." Tristan turned to Sabine, "What do you think sis?" Sabine nodded, "Sounds good." The rest of the afternoon they planned and decided to travel to the capital tomorrow. Ursa clapped her hands, "Good work everyone, get ready to go and get some rest." Sabine stayed behind to talk with her mother for some extra details while Ezra headed back to their room.