The Wextar Blasters

"Excuse me, but Sabine, your mom is calling", said Bo-Katan suddenly coming in. Sabine stood up," I'm coming." Ezra watched her walk out with Bo-Katan and pondered on what he should do. Kylee met her sister when they landed, "Sabine!" Sabine lifted her helmet off and smiled, "Hey sis, good to see you." Kylee hugged her and then let go turning to Ezra, "Ezra good to see you." Ezra simply nodded and went to bring in the bags. Kylee raised an eyebrow at her sister, "Alright what were you arguing about this time?" Sabine looked down, "It's a private matter Kylee." "Oh come on sis, I won't tell." Sabine shook her head, "No, I don't want to talk about it." Kylee slung an arm around her, "Well then come in inside and let's have some girl time." Sabine couldn't help but smile back. They walked in talking and laughing like 2 close sisters. And you know what, that's exactly what they are.

Ezra watched Sabine and Kylee laugh and he felt a twinge of sadness. His family was gone, he had no parents or siblings to laugh and joke with. Sure he had Sabine and Tristan and him were like brothers now, but it still wasn't the same. He left them talking in the kitchen and wandered around until he ended up in the Clan Wren gallery. "We have the biggest gallery of family history", said Ursa stepping out from behind a case with armor in it. "That's what Tristan said", said Ezra examining a collection of helmets. "Indeed and we are proud of it." Ezra noticed a case where something was missing, "What's supposed to be in there?" "Ah, that case holds 2 Wextar blasters. In fact Sabine owns them, though I can't believe they still work." "They do", said Ezra. "I just got her a new pair though, so she put the others away." Ursa sighed, "Those blasters hold a huge story in them." "Is that why Sabine never bought new ones?" "No, she just didn't have the credits." "They were pretty expensive." "I surprised she just didn't throw them in the snow", said Ursa. "Why would she do that?" Ursa gave him a rare smile, "It's not my place to tell you." With that she left leaving Ezra with another mystery in his head.

Sabine laughed so hard she thought she would throw up, "Kylee that's so terrible, yet funny at the same time." Kylee smirked, "I thought you'd find it that way." Tristan walked in and poured a cup of caf, "Sabine you got new blasters!" "Yes, Ez gave them to me", Sabine pulled one out to show them. "What are you going to do with the other pair?", asked Tristan. Sabine growled, "Don't you dare think that I'm going to keep them." "Why not?", asked Tristan. Kylee facepalmed, "Tristan Wren!" Ursa had told the story of what happened to Sabine while she was gone. "It's fine Kylee, I think he needs to be reminded of why I would not want them", said Sabine stalking over to her brother. Ezra had shown up now, but Sabine didn't noticed. Sabine jabbed a finger at her brother, "You forced me to use them remember? I came home to find you sided with the Empire. You kicked me out, in fact I had to use those blasters to save myself from my own family! I only have used them this many years because I didn't have the credits to buy new ones. And now that I do have new ones, you can have them back Buster", Sabine shoved the old pistols into Tristan's hands and stormed out, shoving Ezra aside as she left. Tristan sighed, "Bad move." Kylee rolled her eyes, "You think little bro?"

Ezra quietly slipped out and found Sabine putting on her jetpack, "Where are you going?" "I need to be alone." Ezra put a hand on her shoulder, "I'm here if you need it." Sabine shrugged it off, "There's something I need to do." At that she ran outside and flew way. Ezra raced outside and followed on foot. Of course he was slower, but the Force told him where to go. He came to a halt at a cave. Sabine was walking in when he arrived and he hid behind a tree. When she was out of sight he followed stealthily in and used the Force to see around him. He came to a bend and around the corner a soft glow was emitted. He poked his head around and saw Sabine quietly sitting and staring at the lantern she had lit. He backed away and walked back outside, this was a private thing and he didn't want to intrude. He sat outside and got an emergency blanket out and wrapped himself in it. He sat down just inside the cave and tried to get comfy.

Sabine touched the ground and felt the rock the lantern sat on, so many memories. Mostly bad, but one good one. Ketsu. Even though her friend had betrayed her twice, she was still missing her a little. They had gone through a lot together and been close friends. She knew Ezra would forgive her in a heartbeat and he would accept her readily. Sabine knew Ezra would always be there for her whenever she needed it and she was grateful. She picked up the lantern and headed out.

Ezra heard her coming and leapt behind a bush just in time. He watched her jump into the sky and take off toward Krownest. He ran fast and hard and managed to beat her with a few minutes to spare. He went and sat in the library to have it look like he had been there all along. Sabine walked in a few moments later and walked over to him, "Hey Ez do you have a minute?" "Sure", Ezra set the book down he had been pretending to read. Sabine shifted uncomfortably, "Can we go to our room." "Sure." Ezra stood up and followed Sabine to their room in Krownest.