Ch.11 Games

Chapter 11

Two years ago

"So I can go home tomorrow, right?" Daisy asked the nurse as the woman passed her the small cup of medication. "That's what the doctors said, correct?"

"I don't know, honey," the woman shrugged. "I don't decide when you go home."

"I don't understand," Daisy shook her head. "The doctor said I could go home this morning and then they come back a few minutes later and tell me I can't? It makes no sense."

"If you're not well, you're not well," the nurse replied. "No reason to fight with me."

"I'm not fighting," Daisy muttered. "I'm just....confused."

"In a hurry to get home or something?"

"Yeah...," Daisy nodded. "I'm moving in with my boyfriend."

"The one with the red roses or the one with the white roses?"

"Red roses," Daisy scowled. "White rose one is an asshole."

"They usually are when they look like that," the nurse laughed. "I'm just glad he doesn't talk to me like he talks to those doctors."

"What do you mean?" Daisy asked curiously.

"Man is always out there with Dr. Silvano telling the doctors what to do as if he run the place," the woman rolled her eyes. "I just come in here to do my job and do what my supervisor tells me."

"He has a bad habit of telling people what to do," Daisy said. "You don't think he told the doctors to keep me here longer, do you?"

The woman shrugged, "I'm just here to do my job."

"Oh my god," Daisy sat up. "No. He wouldn't."

"I'm not saying he did," the nurse said. "I'm saying that he was talking to your doctors this morning before they changed their minds."

"You have got to be kidding me," Daisy shook her head in disbelief. "I'm goi-"

"Excuse me."

Daisy stopped and turned to find a tall man in a gray button down shirt standing at the door. His gun, along with his NYPD badge, was visible on his holster as he hovered by the entrance and cleared his throat.

"Daisy Clements?" He asked.

"Yes," Daisy said.

"Hi, I'm Officer Charlie O' Hara with the organized crimes unit at the NYPD."

"Hi?" Daisy and the nurse stared.

"I have a few questions I wanted to ask you regarding the incident you were involved in two nights ago," Officer O'Hara said. "Is this a good time to talk?"

"Yes," Daisy nodded.

"Just give me a moment," the nurse began to gather her things. "I'll get out of your hair soon."

"Thank you," the officer nodded as he walked farther into the room. "How are you feeling, Ms. Clements?"

"I'm alright," Daisy said.

"I spoke to your doctors."

"Are you allowed to without my consent?" Daisy arched her brow.

"Just wondering about your general health," O' Hara smiled. "And we needed to retreat the bullet for forensics."

"I thought they didn't find a bullet."

"They found fragments," the officer bowed his head slightly towards the nurse as she walked out of the room.