Ch.60 Ever After

Chapter 60

Some time later

Gia took a long deep breath. Her hands tightened around the flowers in her hand as she stood at the entrance of the church. All eyes were on her as she took a step forward. She could hear the murmurs over the music and feel their gaze sweep over her skin. The long trail of her dress slowly moved along with her as she made her way down the aisle. When her eyes fluttered up, her heart stumbled inside of her chest at the sight of Daniel standing by the altar.

He couldn't look away from her. His eyes were made to admire her as she moved closer and closer towards him. The small smile on his lips did things to Gia's heart as she stepped up to the altar and took her spot.

The slow song on the piano slowed. A small pause fell over the church before a familiar tune picked up once again. Beside Daniel, Luca took in a deep breath and turned towards the church doors. All the guests rose from their seats and turned to the bride.

"Don't be nervous," Richard said to Daisy as she gripped his arm tightly.

"I'm not," Daisy lied.

"Your mother has done this multiple times," Richard teased. "She didn't give you any advice?"

"She said to sign a prenup," Daisy muttered.

"Sounds like Patty."

"Do I look okay?" Daisy asked.

"You look beautiful."

"White isn't my color," Daisy said. "I'm not even a virgin. What am I doing?"

"You can still make a run for it," Richard said. "I'll get the car."

"No!" Daisy shook her head.

"I don't think we'll get far in this town to be honest," Richard chuckled.

"We most definitely will not," Daisy sighed. "Now, let's go. Luca's waiting."

With a smile, Richard patted Daisy's hand. He stepped forward and felt her take one last breath before the church doors opened and Luca shifted his gaze towards her.

Like being set on sweet fire, Daisy felt all the blood rush up to her cheeks. She was stunned to see how hard she was blushing as she made her way down the aisle. Her eyes were locked with Luca. Through her veil, she smiled at him and caught the spark in his eyes.

I love you, he mouthed to her.

I love you too, Daisy moved her lips quietly.

"Here you go," Richard paused at the steps of the altar and looked up at Luca. "She's your headache now."

"Thank you," Luca shook Richard's hand before turning towards his wife.

Daisy wanted to lift the bouquet in her hands and hide. She had never in her life felt so shy and giddy. It was astonishing.

"Here, give me that," Gia stepped forward and took the bouquet.

"Thanks," Daisy cleared her throat. She reached down to gather her dress but Luca was already there. He took her hand and held the extra fabric of her dress as he helped her up to the altar. Gia quickly followed them up and fixed Daisy's veil to make sure she looked heavenly as her brother took his wife's hands before god.

"Dearly beloved," the pastor started. "We're gathered here today to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony."

Daisy could hear her blood rushing past her ears. Her hands began to tremble and turn cold. Luca held her tightly as the pastor continued to talk.