Ch. 48 Bad Seed

Chapter 48

Knowing Luca was staring at her, Daisy kept her eyes shut for the remainder of the car ride back to the house. She stayed as far away from him as she possibly could. When they arrived, Daisy jumped out of the car before anyone could stop her. She marched into the house and Luca ran after her.

"Listen to me," he said, grabbing her arm.

"Don't touch me!" Daisy pulled her arm back.

"Baby, please stop," Luca begged. "Stop."

"Go to hell," Daisy hissed.

"I'm already in hell!" Luca raised his voice. "Do you think I'm not losing my mind right now?"

"What's going on?"

Daisy and Luca turned to find Angelo standing at the entrance of the living room. As always he was dressed in a gray suit and the permanent unimpressed look Luca used to have was painted all over Angelo's face.

"What are you doing here?" Luca asked.

"Last I checked, this was still my house," Angelo said.

"Where have you been?" Luca asked.

"I was completing my treatment at a private rehab clinic," Angelo's eyes moved towards Daisy. "What's the matter with her?"

"None of your concerns," Luca said, stepping back to stand beside Daisy and put his hand on her back. Luckily, she didn't push him away. She stepped closer to him.

"I....I need to check on Theo," Daisy said quietly.

She lifted her eyes and met Luca's gaze. They both shared a look of slight panic for the safety of their son. Luca began to usher her towards the stairs, sticking by her side.

"When you're done, come down to my office," Angelo said. "I need to speak to you about the bullshit you've been pulling in my absence."

Daisy looked over her shoulder and watched Luca's jaw clench. He didn't say anything as he continued to guide her. Her skin crawled with goosebumps. She felt chilly in the warm house as they entered their bedroom and Carla stepped out from the nursery.

"What the hell?" She said, looking at Luca. "Why are you here?"

"Not now," Luca shook his head.

"Luca, you need to be in the hospital-"

"Daniel called," Luca said. "They're coming back this afternoon and he asked me to take Gia as soon as they land."

"What?" Daisy's eyes filled with concern. "Why?"

"I don't know," Luca said. "But they're both not telling us something. And to make matters worse, dad's downstairs."

"I know," Carla said. "I brought Theo up here as soon as he came in this morning."

"Did he come to see him?" Luca asked.

"No," Carla shook her head.

Daisy began to turn towards the nursery when she remembered her condition. She looked down at herself and ran a hand through her hair.

"I'm going to shower before I see him," she muttered.

"Carla," Luca called to his aunt but his eyes were on his wife. "Send someone to the pharmacy. We need a pregnancy test."

"No, we don't," Daisy snapped just as Carla spoke up.

"What?" She asked.

Daisy took in a long deep breath before letting it out slowly, "I'm not pregnant."