Ch.55 Like you and me

Chapter 55

Luca moved as quietly as he could through the room. He grabbed his shirt and pants off the hanger and quickly put them on before grabbing his keys and phone from the night stand and slipping out of the room. Daisy was fast asleep. His eyes lingered on her for a few seconds as the door closed and he made his way downstairs.

The sun was still hidden behind the night sky. The low lights in the halls casted big tall shadows of Luca as he walked to his car and got in. Daisy's scent lingered everywhere. It did wonders to the tension in his mind. As he drove out of the driveway and headed to the docks, Luca could only focus on the way she smelled and the way she laughed. He knew they were going to be okay. He was going to grow old with her. He would belong to the stubborn reckless girl for the rest of eternity.

With the sun beginning to stir up and stretch its rays over the clouds, Luca pulled into the dock and killed the engine. He didn't worry too much about the dock workers making their way towards the ships as he made his way over to the large warehouse to the back of the lot. As he approached, Aaron met him at the door and held it open.

Inside the empty warehouse, two large yachts were placed in the center with enough space to fit a private jet beside them. Luca's footsteps echoed as he made his way to the back where a few of his other men stood guard around someone he was dying to talk to. Most of the lights were turned off except the one directly above the group. Hearing Luca's steps, the men looked over their shoulder and stepped aside.

"Luca, listen. Listen to-" The man tied to the chair began to vomit an explanation.

Luca held his finger over his lips to shush him as he pulled up a chair and sat right across from the man. He could hear the man's loud breathing. Luca pulled out his phone and dialed Mateo's number.

"Yeah, boss," Mateo picked up right away.

Luca placed the call on speaker and held up the phone to the man in the chair.

"What is this?" The guy asked.

"Franco!" A woman's voice came through the phone. "Franco is that you?"

The man's, Franco's, eyes widened as all the color drained from his face. He couldn't take his eyes off of Luca as his mouth moved to form the name of the woman on the Phone.

"Ava," Franco began to struggle in his chair.

"Franco," Ava suddenly began to cry. "What's going on? Who is this guy?"

"Don't worry, baby," Franco leaned towards the phone. "I'm not going to let anything happen to y-"

Luca ended the call and put his phone away, causing Franco to grunt in frustration as he tried to break out of the ropes.

"Mateo will be staying with Ava until you tell me everything I need to know," Luca spoke for the first time since entering the warehouse.

"Why are you doing this?" Franco asked, his face red hot. "Ava is innocent."

"My wife's innocent too," Luca said. "And you made her cry."

"Luca, I swear I-"

"There's no point in lying," Luca leaned back in his seat. "We traced the call back to you. And we also know you made a heavy deposit to your account just a few hours before you decided to ruin my wife's peace of mind."

Franco's mouth shut and his jae began to clench. He looked around at the men surrounding them as his heart hammered inside his chest.

"I just want to know who put you up to his," Luca said, leaning forward so that Franco could see the anger in his eyes. "It's obvious it's not you. What can my realtor have against my wife and my relationship."