Ch.28 Theodore

Chapter 28

A few months later

"Amalia is a great name," Gia said as she sat down on the wheel chair and handed Daisy her crouches.

"It's your baby name," Daisy said. "I'm not taking your baby names."

"I want you to," Gia insisted. "Didn't we always say whoever had kids first would get to use those names?"

"I only agreed to that plan because I never thought I would actually have kids," Daisy lightly tapped her swollen belly. "Look at me. I look like the Pillsbury doughboy."

"Maybe try not to wear white," Gia teased.

"These are the only clothes that still fit me," Daisy complained. "I don't even fit Luca's sweaters anymore!"

"It's time, Dee."

"No," Daisy shook her head. "I refuse."

"You can't deny it anymore."

"I rather die than wear maternity jeans."

"There's nothing wrong with it."

"Easy for you to say!" Daisy shook her head. "You still wear a size four."

"They have maternity dresses," Gia shrugged. "The weather is getting nicer."

"I refuse."

"Don't be so stubborn," Gia said. "Comfort over style."

"Style my ass," Daisy snorted. "I look like a pregnant giraffe."

"A very cute giraffe," Gia offered.

"A cute giraffe can't compete with that," Daisy shook her head as she looked up and spotted one of the nurses at the physical therapy unit flirting with Luca as he checked Gia in for her weekly session. "Look at her. Does she have any fate in her body or is it all just muscle?"

"She has a great ass," Gia said, staring at the nurse as she flipped her hair and laughed at something Luca said. "He can't be that funny. It's Luca."

"What shampoo do you think she uses?"

"I think hair like that is genetic," Gia sighed.

"Were we the only two bitches that got unlucky in the looks department?"

"No," Gia turned towards her best friend. "Dee, you're beautiful. Your skin is glowing and you look radiant. You have a whole baby inside of you. That's incredibly beautiful."

"I feel fat," Daisy frowned. "Look at her and look at me!"

"Don't look," Gia tugged on her friend's hand.

"How can I not? She's flirting with my husband and this shameless man is entertaining her."

"He's filling out the papers," Gia pointed out just as the nurse laughed again.

"Your brother must be a secret comedian," Daisy adjusted the straps of her purse and grabbed the handles on Gia's wheelchair.

"What are you doing?" Gia asked as they began to move towards the front desk. "Dee, stop."

Daisy didn't listen. She kept her eyes glued on the nurse and watched the smile on the woman's face fall as she came to a stop beside Luca.

"What's so funny?" Daisy asked, placing a hand on Luca's back.

"Nothing," Luca said.

"No, no. I want to know," Daisy smiled. "It seemed like Nurse Mindy here had front row tickets to the Luca show."