Ch.34 Again

Chapter 34

Author's note: For all my Indian readers, I was listening to the song "Ang laga de" for the second half of the chapter :P 

After a full day at the beach, Daisy's skin was golden tan. She dressed in the red wrap dress she had shown Luca and slipped on a pair of simple white sneakers. Her hair had turned lighter after being out in the sun for so long. She brushed it out and tucked the long strands behind her ears.

"Come on, big guy," Daisy said as she picked Theo up from his crib. "Let's go see what Carla is doing. Are you going to be a good boy for Carla?"

Theo, not understanding anything his mother was saying, smiled. He too had gotten tan. Luca dug him a kiddy pool in the sand and let him roll around in it for hours. After a belly full of strawberries and a nice tan, the little boy was sure to sleep through the night like a rock.

"Mama will be back soon," Daisy pushed back Theo's dark hair and kissed his forehead. "And then tomorrow we go to church with daddy and zia and nonna and we get more strawberries. Yeah?"

Theo laughed as Daisy shook him on her hips and tickled his tummy.

"Come on, let's go," Daisy kissed Theo's chubby cheeks. "Let's go see what Carla is doing."

Grabbing the little boy's favorite blanket, Daisy made her way downstairs. Gia was the first to look up as they entered the living room.

"My baby!" She squealed, holding her arms out towards Theo.

"Uh-ha," Daisy rolled her eyes. "Your baby."

"Come on, my darling," Gia wiggled her fingers as Theo practically threw himself out of Daisy's arms and reached towards his aunt. Daisy stepped forward to lower him onto Gia's lap.

"He had his dinner already," Daisy said. "He should knock out in a few."

"I'm surprised he's not asleep already," Gia said. "He was going crazy at the beach."

"He took a nap on Luca's lap on the way back," Daisy said.

"He wasn't in his carseat?" Carla arched her brow.

"Take it up with Luca," Daisy held up her hands. "I keep telling him to leave Theo in the car seat but every time he starts fussing, Luca just pulls him out."

"That's not safe," Carla frowned. "And Theo needs to get used to sitting in the car seat."

"Tell that to Luca," Daisy sighed. "He gives into all of Theo's tantrums."

Just then, Luca's voice called out from the front door.

"Daisy!"

"Coming," Daisy called back.

"Where are you guys going?" Gia asked as Theo grabbed her face.

"Luca's friends invited us out to dinner," Daisy said.

"Oh that sounds fun," Gia smiled. "Say hi to Jimmy for me. I haven't seen him in so long."

"Will d-"

"Daisy!"

"Oh my god!" Daisy stomped her feet. "Hold on!"

"Go before he starts throwing a tantrum," Carla said. "Have a good time. Don't worry about Theo."

"Thank you," Daisy said before leaning down to give her baby one last kiss. "Bye, my sweet boy."

"Daisy, let's go!"

"I'm going to kill him," Daisy said, looking at Gia. "Like actually commit murder."

"Just go!" Gia pushed her away.