Ch.51 To you

Chapter 51

The brush slipped smoothly through the locks of Daisy's hair as she sat before the mirror and stared at Luca's reflection. The bathroom door was ajar and she could see him moving around inside with a white towel wrapped around his hips. The water from his hair dripped down his chest as he shook it out and then pushed it back. Daisy quickly shifted her gaze away when Luca turned and stepped out. He didn't noticed the way her eyes followed him again into the closet.

"Where are you going?" Daisy cleared her throat. She rose from the ottoman and walked towards the closet.

"Giovanni wanted to discuss something with me about Daniel's mother," Luca said. He reached up and pulled a light blue shirt off the rack. "And I figured I would help Daniel out with the funeral arrangements."

"Couldn't you do it over the phone?" Daisy asked, to which Luca chuckled.

"Why?" He asked.

"You're still pale," Daisy said. "And you haven't been fever free for twenty four hours."

Luca pulled the shirt off the hanger and smiled. When he looked up at Daisy she swore she felt her back straighten from the current that ran through her.

"What?" she asked, shifting her weight.

Luca held her gaze as he walked up to her. Daisy peered at him through her lashes. Her heart started to race as Luca raised his hand and brushed his knuckles over her cheek.

"I like it when you worry about me," he said, his voice almost a whisper. "But not as much as I like worrying about you."

Unconsciously, Daisy pulled the edge of her bottom lip under her teeth. Luca's eyes narrowed in on the slight movement and his hand stilled against her face. Daisy shivered as Luca stepped forward and pushed his hand into her hair.

"Can I kiss you?" Luca asked, his mouth hovering over her's.

"N-no," Daisy shook her head.

"You're killing me," Luca filled his lungs with her scent before letting out a heavy sigh.

"Patience is a virtue," Daisy said, her eyes dropping to his mouth.

"And lust is a sin," Luca grinned. He leaned closer and brushed his lips over Daisy's ear, "Stop undressing me with your eyes."

"I didn't-" Daisy tried to pull away when Luca pushed her up against the wall and grabbed her wrists. He gathered them in one hand and pinned them behind her back as he pushed one of his legs between her's.

"Luca!" Daisy gasped.

"It's okay," Luca teased, his mouth moving over the curve of her neck. "It's not like I haven't been looking."

Daisy didn't have words. She made a sound that was a cross between a soft moan and a heavy gasp. It caused Luca's hand to tighten around her wrists and his body to lean in closer until the water on his chest began to soak into Daisy's nightgown.

"Keep your eyes to yourself," Daisy said, her eyes fighting to stay open.

"What about my hands?" Luca asked, sliding his palm down the side of her body and then to the back before stopping on her ass. His fingers spread over the olive colored silk and he slowly chuckled.

"What?" Daisy asked.

"You're not wearing any underwear," Luca sounded amused as his hand roamed around her behind.

An uncharacteristic blush came over Daisy's cheeks as Luca's eyes darkened and he leaned forward. She quickly turned her face away, letting his warm mouth land on her jaw.