Ch.12 My Favorite

Chapter 12

Two years ago

"Is he a good kisser?" Daisy asked as she popped the cork from the bottle of wine she was holding. "He looks like he's a good kisser."

"Um..." the tips of Gia's cheeks flushed. "Yeah..."

"Well, don't hold back," Daisy laughed, pouring a glass of Wine for Gia. "Tell me more. Was there tongue? Did he hold your waist? Where were his hands? Did he inhale or exhale when he kissed you?"

"I wasn't paying attention to all that," Gia laughed.

"Sure," Daisy snorted.

"Want me to get you a glass?" Gia asked as she noticed the one wine glass.

"No," Daisy shook her head. "I'm not having a drink."

"Why not?"

"My stomach feels weird," Daisy said, running her belly. "I think it must have been something I ate yesterday or something."

"You look different," Gia observed.

"Yeah?" Daisy laughed. "How so?"

"You definitely put on some weight since you moved in here," Gia said.

"It's all the damn take outs!" Daisy threw her hands up. "I hate cooking every night."

"You look good," Gia added. "Your cheeks are fuller."

"My clothes don't fit," Daisy complained. "I have to go get new jeans."

"You have a booty now," Gia teased.

"Excuse me," Daisy held up her finger. "I've always had a booty. What do you think got us all those drinks freshman year in college?"

"I thought it was your killer personality."

"Please," Daisy rolled her eyes. "As if that's what horny college frat boys are looking for."

Gia laughed as she picked up the bag of take out and walked over to the sofa. Daisy followed her feeling nauseous at the smell of the wine.

"I think I'm going to go to the urgent care tomorrow," she said.

"That bad?" Gia frowned. "You want to go right now? I'm sure we can find a 24 hour one."

"No," Daisy shook her head. "I'll go tomorrow before Eric gets home."

"How is he by the way?"

"A pain in my ass," Daisy rolled her eyes. "He's a man child."

"I told you to not move in with him," Gia shrugged.

Yeah, so did your brother, Daisy snorted.

"His mom called me the other day," Daisy said, remembering the awkward phone call.

"Saying what?"

"She wanted to invite us for the weekends to his sister's baby shower," Daisy said. "I don't think I want to go."

"Why not?"

"I already know how it's going to go," Daisy said. "Everyone will ask Eric when he's proposing and when we're getting married and it's nauseating."

"Have you guys talked about it?"

"About what?"

"Marriage."

"Hell to the no," Daisy laughed. "He knows how I feel about marriage. I don't think he will ever bring it up."

"Look at that," Gia grinned. "Match made in heaven."