Ch. 32 Faith

Chapter 32

"No," Luca murmured against Daisy's ears as she tried to pull away.

His arms tightened around her body as he pulled her closer to his chest. She fit against him like blocks. All of her curves had a nook in his body to get cozy. The sheets beneath them were cool from the morning breeze and the sounds of the ocean in the distance along with the seagulls' song made getting out of bed impossible.

"Theo's going to be up soon," Daisy said. "You know how he is about having his breakfast on time."

"Poor kid," Luca chuckled, his eyes closed and his nose buried in Daisy's hair. "He's jet lagged."

"I'm surprised he only woke up once last night," Daisy began to roll away as Luca lifted his head and arched his brow.

"Where are you going?"

"I can't lay here with you all day," Daisy said. "I have to shower and get Theo ready."

"He's not even up yet," Luca groaned, burying his face in the pillows.

As if on cue, Theo's high pitched squeal greeted them from the study turned nursery. Daisy climbed off the bed and tossed her hair up into a bun as she walked over and slid the doors to the sides.

"Good morning," Daisy said softly as she paused at the door to greet her smiling baby. Theo lifted his head and flashed her his cheeky smile. His dark wild hair took after his mother, sticking up everywhere and in every direction. "Hi, my baby. Ready to have a good day?"

From the bed, Luca couldn't help but smile as he listened to Daisy's calm and soothing voice speaking to Theo. He was always amazed to hear and see how gentle she was with him. It was as if one look at Theo melted every hard and heated cell in Daisy's body.

"You want to say hi to daddy?" Daisy asked, walking back into the bedroom with Theo on her hips. "Say good morning dada."

Turning around on his back, Luca sat up and leaned against the pillows as Daisy walked over to the side of the bed and placed Theo in his outstretched hands.

"Hi, buddy," Luca greeted the little man with a kiss on top of his head. Theo, still waking up, placed his head against Luca's chest and made himself comfortable. He yawned, rubbing his eyes as Luca brushed his hair back like he so often did with Daisy. "Ready for breakfast?"

"I think he's still waking up," Daisy said.

"Want to come back to bed, mama?" Luca asked.

"No, thank you," Daisy said, taking a step back before he could grab her long nightgown and pull her closer. "I need a shower."

"Theo, say mama come back," Luca laughed.

Theo raised his head with great effort and looked over his shoulder. He raised his open palm towards Daisy and moved his fingers to signal for her touch.

"Come back to bed, mama," Luca voiced the little boy's request.

"Those charming smiles are not going to work on me, gentleman," Daisy shook her head. She turned away before she lost, knowing she would never be able to say no to Theo if he started to whine.

But just as Daisy turned, her feet slipped on Luca's t-shirt that he had tossed to the floor the night before. Her heart leaped up in fright as she caught herself and yelped.

"You okay?" Luca asked, looking up.

"Stop leaving your shit everywhere!" Daisy scolded as she bent down and grabbed the shirt off the floor. "The chair is two feet away. Put it on the chair! Or put it in the laundry bin!"