Ch. 42 Stella Stella Stella

Chapter 42

Daisy sat with her knees pulled up to her chest and her eyes glued on Luca. She couldn't look away from him without the fear of missing something. He had been out of surgery for almost a whole day, but was still unconscious. Seeing him laying in bed and hearing all the beeps of the machines were beginning to make Daisy think she was going insane. Every time she thought of Luca never waking up, her chest caved in and she would begin to gasp for air. Not wanting to be too far from him, Daisy rose from her chair and made her way over to the bed.

"Luca?" She leaned over and whispered, placing her hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

There was no change. Daisy was met with silence from the man she loved with everything she had.

"Please don't leave," she whispered, wiping her eyes to be able to see him better. "Please."

"I'll do whatever you say," Daisy took Luca's hand and brought it to her lips. "Please, just come back."

"Daisy?"

Daisy lifted her head and looked over her shoulder. She found Emma standing at the door with a small bouquet of flowers. The tall blonde stepped into the room and approached the bed with caution.

"I came as soon as I heard," Emma said. "Maryella and Jimmy are out of town."

Straightening up, Daisy wiped her eyes and then her hands. She tucked back her hair and moved to greet the tall blonde at the foot of the bed.

"Thank you for coming," Daisy said, her voice raspy.

"Of course," Emma opened up her arms and the two embraced. "I'm so sorry all this has happened. This is awful. What was he thinking?"

"I don't know," Daisy shook her head. She tucked her hands into her back pocket and began to chew on her bottom lip.

"It's not like Luca to be so reckless," Emma frowned. "And is it true that Daniel and Gia are getting married?"

"How..." Daisy looked up at the girl. "How do you know about that?"

"The whole town knows," Emma said. "They know everything. From Gia shooting Daniel, Luca and Gia at the docks and now the wedding."

"We should have never come here," Daisy held back a sob. "This was a big mistake."

"Aw, honey," Emma placed the flowers down and pulled her into another hug. "I'm so sorry"

"I....." Daisy couldn't stop the sobs coming out of her. "I can't lose him. I love him so much."

"You're not going to lose him," Emma assured her. "Nothing will happen to him."

"Never did I think I would have to see this," Daisy said.

"You married a man from Del Mare. A Silvano at that," Emma said. "It was bound to happen someday."

"I just....." Daisy held her hand under her nose to keep herself together. "I just can't stop thinking about everything I would have said or done differently if I had known this would happen."

"I'm sure you tried to stop him, right?" Emma asked.

"I didn't know," Daisy said. "I had no idea what was going on."

"What do you mean?"

"We had a fight," Daisy felt her heart contract. "A huge fight. And then we weren't talking for the rest of the evening. Gia was upset and he went to sit with her for a few minutes. Next thing I know I'm at the hospital and they're telling me he's lost too much blood and his ribs are broken and his lungs were filled with blood."