Memories 2/8

One year and six months before the zombie apocalypse

The months passed quickly, Wu-jin managed to win Mi-yeon's heart, first starting with small compliments with tender looks, making Mi-yeon's heart race and her cheeks turn red.

The boy left his notes on colored pieces of paper in her notebooks, accompanied by a flower of a different color as a detail, which made her smile for the compliments, no matter how small the compliment was, it always made her day.

"I give you this flower, although none will be as beautiful as you."

"When I hear your voice up close, it's like angelic music playing for my ears only."

"I want to shout to the four winds what I feel for you."

Those were some of those notes that Wu-jin left her in her notebooks, when Mi-yeon came home, she kept them in a little box as if they were souvenirs, she wanted to keep them for the future, to remind that there was always someone who loved her.

After two months, after many little notes and flowers from the boy, he decided to leave her a note to meet her on the roof of the school at dismissal time to declare his "love" for her.

"I need to tell you something, I'll meet you on the roof of the school after finish cleaning the classrooms.

With love, Wujin"

Mi-yeon got nervous when she finished reading the letter that was in her notebook on top of her desk, her curiosity soon reached her body and she wanted to know what he was going to tell her, the first thing that came to her mind was a statement of love and that made her even more nervous, she didn't want to get her hopes up but it was very evident in the way he behaved with her, so she didn't rule out the idea.

The hours passed and her nerves gnawed at her, Mi-yeon was anxious about what Wu-jin was going to tell her, every hour she looked at her wristwatch waiting for the moment, she looked at her wrist again for the last time, there were five minutes left to go the end.

Minutes later the bell began to ring, indicating the departure time, the only thing left was to clean the classrooms before going home, Mi-yeon had to clean her classroom, while Na-yeon had to clean the laboratory, which gave her gave Mi-yeon the advantage of escaping from her sister.

Mi-yeon together with her classmates, around 15 minutes, they finished cleaning the classroom, they wanted to leave early, the others left with their backpacks, leaving the girl in the room, Mi-yeon was nervous about what would happen on the roof. She plucked up her courage, took her backpack to hang it on her back and left the classroom, walking quietly through the corridors, trying to calm her nerves while listening to soft music.

She climbed the few remaining steps to reach the roof, when she reached the roof gate, she saw that it was ajar, she looked down and saw that it was a piece of wood that was preventing the gate from closing, she took a deep breath and opened the door without move the wood

Mi-yeon looked for Wu-jin, looked ahead and saw him, the boy had his back facing the schoolyard, she smiled, closed the door carefully and began to walk towards Wu-jin, when she had already approached, she stopped behind him, keeping an acceptable distance, not too close and not too far, she raised her right arm and touched the boy's right shoulder.

Wu-jin felt little fingers on his shoulder, he turned around and saw Mi-yeon, the wind was blowing her hair, you could see her cheeks were flushed as the boy looked at her as she kept his gaze everywhere but on he, Wu-jin smiled at Mi-yeon's nervousness.

"H-hello" Mi-yeon said to the boy nervously.

"Hello, Mimi" Wu-jin said with a smile.

If there was a best actor award, Jang Wu-jin would win it without a doubt, he acted very naturally, he didn't show a drop of malice, he had already studied the scripts to declare himself, and he didn't want it to go wrong, Wu-jin also investigated a bit about the meaning of the flowers and their color, since he had realized that Mi-yeon was to communicate with the flowers, he thought that it was old-fashioned, but he had to do it with all the boredom in the world.

"Sorry, if I'm late, my classmates and me tried our best to finish cleaning the classroom quickly" Mi-yeon apologized to the boy, she didn't know if Wu-jin had been waiting for her for a long time.

"You don't have to apologize, I understand" Wu-jin smiled as he slowly stroked her hair.

The girl smiled at the boy's action and looked at her feet with her cheeks still flushed. "By the way... what did you want to tell me here?" She looked at him and waited for his response.

Wu-jin stopped stroking her hair at the girl's question, he put his hands in his pockets, one of them he took out a red tulip, Mi-yeon got nervous when she saw the flower, it was a declaration of love.

"I really like the way you are, you are kind, sweet and funny. A smile from you is enough to brighten my day, to light up my world even if the sky is gray. Little by little you have become someone important in my life and I can't stop to tell you that I have fallen in love with you. There is a doubt that is killing me, can I be the owner of your heart?"

Mi-yeon was frozen by the confession, she had many emotions, she wanted to scream, jump, cry and laugh, it was not the first time that they asked her to be engagement, the times they asked her, she kindly rejected them with a little fear for the reactions of the boys, she did not like her suitors; but this occasion is different, he took the time to meet her, approach her and send her gifts.

"Yes, Wu-jin, I want to be your girlfriend" Mi-yeon said with a smile painted on her face.

Wu-jin smiled back at the girl and gave her the flower, she took it with great happiness, it was the best day Mi-yeon had ever... or so she thought.

 or so she thought