Memories 4/8

One year before the zombie apocalypse

Na-yeon was looking for her sister to go home, for a moment she thought that Mi-yeon had gone to see Wu-jin, she tried to call her but her cell phone sent to mailbox, which seemed strange to her since she always answers her calls and more if Mi-yeon was with Wu-jin.

She saw Wu-jin enter the living room, she went over to ask him where her sister was. "Do you know where Mi-yeon is?"

"I don't know" Wu-jin answered shortly without looking at her, taking his backpack.

"I asked you in a nice way, not for you to answer me that way" Na-yeon complained about Wu-jin's attitude, the boy ignores her and left. "Damn idiot" she muttered this last.

Na-yeon went for her backpack and put it on her shoulders, she also took her sister's backpack that was carrying it on her arm, luckily both backpacks were not heavy.

She walked through the corridors of the school in search of her sister, there were not many people since it was the time of departure, she looked for her in the classrooms, in the laboratories, in the bathrooms, etc. She couldn't find her, there was only one place left to find her sister, the roof, she walked up the stairs that led to the roof.

Na-yeon opened the door, it didn't take her five seconds to run towards Mi-yeon, she dropped the backpacks, she was scared to see her sister looking at the ground while on her knees, she approached her sister, bending down to get a good look at her.

"Mimi, Mimi, what's wrong with you?" Na-yeon stroked her sister's hair.

"Nothing, nothing, please leave me" Mi-yeon's voice was inaudible, as if she no longer had a voice.

"No, forget that I'll leave you here alone, look how you are, you're shaking" Na-yeon took her sister's arms, if she realized that she covered her face, then she realized what was happening to her. "Why are you crying?"

"I don't want to talk" Mi-yeon refused, her nerves were on edge, making it hard for her to speak.

"Mimi, let's go, dad can't see you like this, let's go to the infirmary"

"No, no, I don't want anyone to see me" Mi-yeon stopped her from leaving.

"Come on, I'll take you to the bathroom" Na-yeon helped her sister to her feet.

Na-yeon took both backpacks and put each one on her shoulders, helped her sister to walk, opened the door letting her sister go first and herself last, both went down to reach the third floor and enter the girls' bathroom.

"Stay here" Na-yeon said to her sister, Mi-yeon sat down at the sink. "I'll go for a tea to calm your nerves, I won't be long" she left the backpacks on the floor to go to the bathroom door.

Mi-yeon sobbed covering her face with her hands, she kept shaking, Na-yeon felt her heart sink when she heard her sister cry, she quickly left the girls' bathroom and ran to the cafeteria where she asked for a chamomile tea.