Memories 3/8

Jinjin, that was the nickname Mi-yeon gave her boyfriend, Jang Wu-jin

Jinjin, that was the nickname Mi-yeon gave her boyfriend, Jang Wu-jin. He called her Mimi, although several people already called her that, but with none of them had she felt as if her heart would jump out of her chest.

Na-yeon had noticed the attitude of her sister and Wu-jin, she knew that there was something between them, so Na-yeon came to the conclusion that they were in a romance, it seemed strange to her that her sister had not told her, and even stranger is that Wu-jin was interested in Mi-yeon. Na-yeon was studying them with her eyes, she knew that she had noticed that Wu-jin talks to Su-hyeok, and since it is known that he is in Gwi-nam's group, it did not give her a good feeling, so one day decided to confront her.

"There's something about him that doesn't add up" Na-yeon said sitting on her sister's bed. "He's Su-hyeok's friend, and Su-hyeok is a bully, obviously they're up to something"

"Oppa is not bad" Mi-yeon defended him. "There's nothing wrong with talking to Su-hyeok, you should get to know him better"

Na-yeon got up from her seat, walked over to her sister and took her hands. "Mimi, you are my twin and I love you very much, I just don't want you to be taken as a... foolish"

"Thank you for caring about me, besides I'm not stupid, he loves me and he has shown it" said her twin smiling at her.

This is how the following months were for Na-yeon, she had this feeling that something was wrong with Wu-jin, no matter how much she got closer to Wu-jin and Su-hyeok, she couldn't find anything strange, but her suspicions not were going.

The boys, especially Su-heok, he had realized that Na-yeon was suspicious of him and Wu-jin, to which they decided that they would only talk after leaving school, so that Na-yeon would stop being suspicious.

One year before the zombie apocalypse

Wu-jin was no longer the same, he ignored her, he didn't look at her, he behaved coldly, as if she stopped existing. Mi-yeon thought it was stress from homework and school, she understood, some get carried away by stress, fight and then go to apologize for bad attitude, Wu-jin never apologized for his bad attitude towards Mi-yeon.

Now, the couple was on the roof of the school, Mi-yeon wanted to talk to him, face to face to find out the reason for his behavior.

"Jinjin... what's going on with you?" Mi-yeon asked the boy.

"Isn't that obvious?" Wu-jin asked incredulously, Mi-yeon didn't understand. "I'll tell you the truth bluntly" the boy crossed his arms. "You were just a bet"

Mi-yeon froze at the boy's words, like a bucket of cold water fell on her, tears began to accumulate in her eyes.

'He's kidding' Mi-yeon thought, she quickly wiped the tears with her hands while laughing not to cry, it was hard for her to believe it, he had shown her that he loved her and that in the end everything was acted out.

"Wu-jin, this is no time for jokes" Mi-yeon smiled trying to hide her sadness.

"What makes you think this is a joke?" Wu-jin gave a small sarcastic laugh.

"You always told me that you loved me" said the girl trying not to cry because of the boy's coldness.

"You're smart but not smart enough, you're very dumb" Wu-jin said mockingly. "I will never love you and I never will"

"But...we...were fine..." Mi-yeon stared at the ground with teary eyes.

"There was never a 'we' and there never will be, accept it, I'll never be interested in you" the boy was going to leave but he felt someone grab his arm.

Mi-yeon had taken Wu-jin's arm, her eyes did not stop tearing up, she did not accept the fact that she was a bet, she wanted to think that simply the feelings changed. "Please... what did I do wrong?"

Wu-jin abruptly released him arm, turned to look at Mi-yeon, her cheeks, the tip of her nose, and her eyes were red. "You're also very annoying, you didn't leave me alone, you're very childish, don't you see the way you dress? You always dress in bright colors, that irritates my eyes. Your laugh and your voice are very annoying, you never stop to speak, you look like a 5-year-old girl" each word was a dagger that pierced her heart. "Don't bother me anymore" he said this last thing to leave the roof leaving Mi-yeon alone.

Mi-yeon burst into tears, all the tears that she tried to hold back, came out of her eyes drenching her cheeks, there was a bit of wind, it collided with her face drying her tears, her legs weakened, causing her knees to touch the cold ground of the roof, she doesn't care if he got scratches.

She put her hands to her lips to try not to scream, even though she was on the roof, someone might hear her, since she was near the door about ten steps away. Wu-jin's words sounded in her head, as if he was there repeating everything close to her ear, Mi-yeon bumped her ears while denying, she wanted to silence those voices.

"It's not true... It's not true" Mi-yeon kept shaking her head, hitting her ears as she rocked back and forth, trying to calm down, still kneeling on the ground. "It's not true! It's all a lie!" she screamed with all her might, her face was red, she covered her face with her hands, crying out loud for the betrayal.

 "It's not true! It's all a lie!" she screamed with all her might, her face was red, she covered her face with her hands, crying out loud for the betrayal