𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

Happy that we met each other.
"Don't let Jimin hear that."

⪩⪨

an;
buckle up for some
platonic vhope, guys!

"Because I loved you, too."

Hoseok confessed, but three words remained unsaid.

'I still do.'

Jeongguk stays frozen in his spot. The only thing that's moving about him would be his rapidly [and hardly] beating heart. Although Hoseok confessed how he felt for Jeongguk in the past, it doesn't change the fact of what Hoseok once felt for him.

"H- hyung..." he tries to reach his hand out and cup Hoseok's cheeks, but before he could do that, Hoseok moves away.

Hoseok tries not to tear up, but he fails to realize that his eyes are already watery. He does not want to face the reality. No, he doesn't. If only he could hide his feelings away as easily as he smiles so fakely sometimes. Especially in front of Jimin.

He wishes he could hide somewhere. Anywhere, really. Anywhere away from Jeongguk and Jimin. Anywhere he could breathe easily for a little while without feeling guilty.

And then, before anything could be uttered by the younger male, Hoseok's phone starts ringing; acting as his savior. It's Taehyung.

"I have to take this call." He mumbles, afraid his wavering voice would give away his raw emotions. He swipes right to answer the call, then. "Yeah, Taehyung... Yeah, I'm ready... Okay, I'll head downstairs."

Without even meeting Jeongguk's eyes, Hoseok says, "I- I have to leave." He tries to get away from the latter. He can not bring himself to look into the younger male's eyes; not when he's on his very edge. "You should leave, too. Have something to eat before you leave, if you want to." He says half-heartedly.

And he leaves.

He leaves Jeongguk behind as he did three years ago.

As he always does.

⋆༄˚

At the parking lot of Taehyung's apartment complex, the car halts, and Taehyung is quick to open the door for Hoseok to get off it.

Startled and too deep in numerous thoughts, Hoseok doesn't even realize that they've reached the apartment. Taehyung clears his throat to grab his attention. "Do you want me to carry you in my arms? Is that why you're not moving, huh?"

Now, Taehyung hasn't known Hoseok for very long, but he has known him enough to conclude that something is the matter. So, determined, he sets his mind to keeping Hoseok distracted.

Hoseok forces a smile, and Taehyung is quick to decipher the emptiness underneath it. But he decides not to comment. Yet.

Soon, Taehyung introduces Hoseok to his neighbors, who all but coo at the pair.

"Is he just your friend or...?"

"You sure you don't love him? Because the way you've been looking at him sure says something else."