𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺

Now, until the very end.
"How precious you are, Hobari."

When Hoseok enters their apartment, he is greeted with the delicious aroma of Korean stew. Without a doubt, Jimin has gotten a lot better with cooking these days, or at least, that's what this aroma tells. He smiles and lets his husband know of his arrival.

Quickly, he freshens himself up before paddling his way towards the kitchen. He smiles fondly as he sees Jimin's face which is fully concentrated on flipping the omelet in the pan. That's probably one of the side dishes for tonight.

He hugs Jimin from behind, making the latter almost jump in surprise. "The hell, baby!" He exclaims, "I almost threw the pan in the sink!"

Hoseok erupts in giggles, and it doesn't take long for Jimin to join.

After calming down a little, Jimin asks Hoseok about his day. The said male hums, "It was good! I had a great time with Taehyung."

"Did you, now?" Jimin questions, still a little invested in checking whether or not the omelet was cooked properly.

"Yes!" Hoseok replies enthusiastically. And then he went on about how he spent his day. Jimin, for his part, listened to him keenly, smiling and humming now and then [to let Hoseok know that he was listening to him] as he wraps up cooking the dinner.

Hoseok helps him set the table.

"Mm-hmm, presentation-wise, not bad, I must say." Hoseok comments, eyeing all the bowls full of dinner. Impatiently, he grabs the spoon and tastes every dish present on the table hurriedly. "Wow, you've leveled up a lot, taste-wise too."

Jimin just looks at Hoseok, smiling fondly at him. "Slow down a bit, baby. It's still very hot, you might end up burning your tongue and your mouth altogether."

"You should dig in, too," Hoseok says instead, mouth full of stew. "It's better when it's hot."

And it's what Jimin does, giggling at his husband's adorable behavior. "You're right, love," he says as soon as he takes a bite of his own, "I think calling myself a self-made chef wouldn't be wrong now." He jokes, to which Hoseok snorts.

Rolling his eyes, he says: "You're so narcissistic."

Jimin titters at that.

After a little while when Jimin is done with his dinner, he waits for Hoseok to get finished before talking about his day at work. "Hobari," he calls out, earning a hum from the said male, who is currently chugging down some water. "Baby, I haven't told you something..."

Hoseok frowns. "What have you not told me?"

"A business trip. I have no choice but to attend it."

The frown on Hoseok's face deepens. His heart beats faster, somehow feeling anxious to let Jimin go this time. Maybe it's because their wedding anniversary is approaching the coming week. He wishes this trip wouldn't hinder their plans.

"When is it?" Hoseok simply asks, biting down on his lower lip. "And for how long?"

"I have to leave in two days." Jimin mumbles, not meeting Hoseok's eyes. He couldn't bring himself to do it. "And it might last for a couple of weeks this time."

Hoseok closes his eyes. All of the happiness he has felt ever since he entered the apartment this night, or simply put the entire day, vanished away in a wink. "No... Jimin, you know what's coming up the next week, and-"