Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 8 - Tʜᴇ Aʟɪᴇɴ Rᴇᴠᴇᴀʟs Iᴛsᴇʟғ

Itadori asked your company for a mission which you gladly accepted hopping that it was Junpei's case

Itadori asked your company for a mission which you gladly accepted hopping that it was Junpei's case. Itadori, you and Nanami were at the crime scene.

Nanami looks at Itadori "Can you see it?" Itadori turns to him as Nanami points the exit of the cinema "This is the residual taint of cursed energy." Itadori looks at the exit for a second before turning to him "No, I can't see anything."

Nanami interrupts him as you continue to look at the exit noticing the footprints "That's because you're not trying to see it." Nanami looks once again to the exit "We typically see curses as if it's perfectly natural to. When a cursed technique is used, it leaves traces behind. That's what residuals are. But residuals are much fainter than cursed spirits. So focus your vision and look closely."

Itadori puts both of his hands up to his face and makes a looking gesture as he stares intensely. He starts to see the footsteps appear "Oh! I can see them!" Itadori laughs "Of course you can."

You watch as Nanami turns to Itadori "A proper sorcerer can sense them before seeing them." Itadori gets frustrated at Nanami's comment.

The three of you pass underneath the police tape and start following the footsteps "Couldn't you give me a little more praise or something?" Nanami puts his hands in his pockets as he looks ahead "I don't praise or disparage anyone. I adhere to facts and judge on that basis. That's who I am."

You grab Itadori's sleeve as he looks at Nanami as he talks "There was a time when I mistakenly believed society operated the same way, but enough about that." Nanami side glances at you both "Let's follow them."

Itadori punches his hand determined with your hand still on his sleeve "Yeah! Let's go all-out!" Nanami turns forward "No, we'll go calmly." Itadori sweatdrops and leans back with an defeated face.

Nanami walks forward "Let's go." You side glance at Itadori as he furrows his eyebrows 'We're just not clicking. I'm not getting anything from him.' You tug Itadori forward not wanting to lose Nanami out of sight, Itadori has a flashback on when you both met Nanami.

' You tug Itadori forward not wanting to lose Nanami out of sight, Itadori has a flashback on when you both met Nanami