Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 16 - Cᴀɴ ᴍʏ ᴡɪsʜᴇs ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴇ?

"Can I even belive what that old man said?"

You mutter quietly to yourself as you gaze at your hands with doubt. The same words echoing in your mind like an endless taunt, edging you to strive new objectives during the time that you will remain alone.

The day after following Geto and Misato you found yourself questioning the words that the bus driver discussed with you, you learned something new about him. He called himself 'Anzhong', you didn't know if it was his name or he gave you something for you to call him by.

The man was full of riddles, he never really gave an direct answer which fustrated you. You didn't plan to make this a game for him, for you to get to multiple dead ends in search for an answer that could easily be given.

This elicts a sigh from you, as you continue to poke around endless possibilities. You never were good with riddles, when someone came out to you to tell you a riddle for you to figure out, you could never guess, your brain always leaves you in a dead end.

Your body seems to tense as time passes, annoyance and dissatisfaction bubbling up inside you like a raging volcano. You hated being placed in these positions, where you had to relay on yourself only to figure out.

Your hands form into a fist as you try to calm the upcoming storm that was creating inside of you. You take a deep breath through your nose and exhale through your mouth, an coping mechanisms for you to relax.

Your body slowly loosens up when you finally manage to calm yourself. You tap your finger against the wooden surface that you were sitting on, your lips slightly pursed as you indulge yourself in your own imagination.

"I was brought to you. Our encounter wasn't coincidental, it was meant to be. It was always destined for me to place you here, there was no errors in that. There's a fire in you, that only you can handle, something that not a lot of people witness. Now it's up to you to follow the path that I have given you, or to create your own path."

The fuck where you meant to get out of that? What were you 'destined' for? When he meantioned a 'fire in you' did he mean that there's a hidden power in you, or did he mean something else? And a 'path'? What are you? An fucking Avenger or some kind of superhero?

You shake your head with a frown now painted in your face. You came to a small local park to relax, not to stress yourself further. Luckily no one was around, therefore you didn't have to keep an appearance on.

You didn't know if you wanted to try to figure out if you had some kind of powers, after all you didn't want to humiliate yourself from attempting it and ending up getting nothing.

Now the question in hand is on how to 'activate' this powers. You are not just going to put your hands out in hope on getting some sort of affirmation for your doubts.

Would it activate in some sort of desperate time? But if you gave it a second thought you had been already in a desperate situation. An low huff comes from you as you cradle your head in your hands.