Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 18 - Iɴɴᴏᴄᴇɴᴛ ʙᴀʙʏ

Clang

Clang

Your chest heaves as you take deep breaths to even your air flow, your weapon tumbles out of your hands, making it hit against the ground while beads of sweat rolls off your skin. Your hand resting upon your knees, your figure hunched over from your little workout.

You were in the middle of a forest, a small lake adding to the astonishing features of it, somewhere where you could find some peace and quiet whenever everything would become too loud.

It had been months since you helped Toji, and you remained on the timeline you were stuck in. During those months you improved your cursed tecnique and you strength, now being able to control more or less your cursed energy and tecnique.

'Dimensional Manipulation' or what you named your cursed technique after learning it's powers. It was simple but it wasn't so easy at the same time, you needed to think deeply about the thing you desire in detail for it to come out correctly.

'Dimensional Manipulation' was about you earning powers from another dimension to put it simply, you only knew two tecniques. 'Weapon' and 'Control'. The first one being able to open a small portal to let a weapon come out, and the second one opens a portal for a person, animal or thing.

You felt like you had the powers to control mindless zombies to do the things you want. It was rather weird for you, the thing that you summon getting what you want without questioning or judging you.

You felt lonely, you never really talked to anyone besides your temporary boss. You worked during the morning as a waitress and during the evening you trained or rested. Your Japanese improved by a lot, with you interacting with customers and with your boss helping you.

You weren't fluent at it yet, you had a few  mispronunciations here and there but nothing too wrong. Your life once again returning to it's plain cycle once again, for the time being.

You created yourself a friend during the long months, a mix of a cat and a dragon, like Megumi's wolfs. Alma, that's the name of your little friend, she had the height of a cat. Her dragon features and feline features mixed together in one, making her look marvellous.

Two wings attached to her back allowing her to fly, her tail swaying cheerfully as her coloured eyes meets yours. She could make herself invisible, flying above you while you work or walk around crowded streets.

It took you a handful of times to create her in your mind, sketching her form as you scribble her personality. In total, it took you a month or two to fully develop her, and you were happy with the results you received.

A yawn escpes your mouth as you rest your back against a tree, Alma curled beside you after watching you train. A layer of sweat on your skin as the cold breeze cools off your burning body.

Small breaths escaping you as you relax your aching muscles. Your gaze wondering to your surroundings out of boredom before you lazily get up and walk up to the lake, washing away the sweat by dipping your hands in the water and smearing it on your face.