Eight

/Abel/

"So what are we talking here?" Monte Lipman—CEO of Republic Records—asked

"We want to sign Amala to our label, or possibly have a mutual say in her career direction," Sal explained.

As they discussed the deal, Abel mindlessly trailed his eyes over to Muribella, who stood next to the bar talking and dancing with Lily. She swiveled her hips as if she knew he was watching.

He knew this meeting was important but the urges to just walk off and drag her back to the bathroom were at an all time high. His dick was rising at the thought.

"I think she's enjoying it at my label. I gave her the same terms I gave you when you were just started out, Abel. So what do you have that's possibly better?"

"Freedom," he replied simply. "I wasn't granted the creative freedom as much as I am now—I want her to have that. I want her to be in control of whatever she desires to do."

Monte laughed and sucked his teeth. "You had that same freedom, Abel."

"Back when I Can't Feel My Face was climbing the charts and we filmed the video, you didn't like the original and convinced me that the public wouldn't like it either, which meant that I would lose money. I just uploaded the original to celebrate the album's anniversary." Abel sat back. "My fans loved it. Some even asked why wasn't it used instead because it matched the song."

"It doesn't matter now because that video has one billion views and counting," Monte shrugged.

"It's been years—that's expected."

"I think we're getting off track here. Abel, let me handle this," Sal suggested. Abel sighed and shrugged.

He sat back half listening to Sal thoroughly convince Monte to at least let them talk to Amala themselves and to possibly see her contract, all while watching Muri's smooth legs wrap around Lily as she grinded against her.

He bit his lip hard feeling a cool shiver run down his spine. He pulled his phone out to text her.

You putting on a show for me?

It took a while, but Muri had finally stood back and grabbed her phone that loudly chimed on the bar table. She turned it on, skimming her eyes over the message before smiling and looking around.

She couldn't seem to find Abel so she settled her orbs back on her screen, sending a quick message.

where are you, you stalker?

Abel smirked.

Find me

•••