Thirty-Three

/Muribella/

Lily looked at Muri as if she'd grown two heads

Lily looked at Muri as if she'd grown two heads. "Bitch, you better be joking."

Muri smiled slyly and sipped from her straw. Lily and La Mar just landed from their extended vacation in Barcelona. She didn't even stop at home to unpack her things, she just showed up to Muri's doorstep with everything. Muri had been keeping her updated with things at the MDM building, Amala's album progress, and even things between her and Abel.

When she told her about what they agreed on, Lily was shocked. She knew her friend loved to have that type of fun but she didn't think she would bring that dynamic with her if she were to ever enter a relationship. Abel agreeing to it surprised her even more.

Lily had no choice but to have doubts. "And this works for you two?"

Muri nodded, almost laughing at Lily's frown. "It's been working so far, yes."

"And you think it'll stay that way?" Muri shrugged, resting her feet on the couch. Lily sighed. "If you say so bestie, but I'm gonna be honest and tell you; this is probably the craziest shit you've ever done."

"It's just a little fun-"

"Yeah, until somebody actually gets hurt." Muri pursed her lips. "What if one of you cheat?"

"It's not cheating if we're fucking together Lils."

"No, you're not understanding, Muri. What if one of you start sneaking off to do it alone? Then what?"

Muri sighed once again. "I don't think that's gonna happen."

"What makes you so sure?"

Muri hesitated. "I...," Lily gave her a pointed look. "Because we love each other, and we trust each other."

"But is that really enough?" Muri groaned and threw her head back. "Muri, I know you. I know you like the back of my fucking hand."

"So you think I'm going to cheat?" She was baffled. "Have you heard his fucking music?"

"You are just as easy as he is, and you know it," Lily replied, making Muri scoff. "I hope you've only been fucking strangers."

"And why is that?"

"Because it'll be compicated if you bring a friend into the equation. Have you not seen those Netflix movies lately? That shit is fucking reality."

Muri let her rant, hardly paying attention at this point. She knew her friend was only looking out for her, but she was truly over reacting. Muri knew what she signed up for with Abel, and she knew the consequences were coming. She just didn't give a fuck.

"Can we just drop it, Lils? I don't wanna talk about it anymore."

Lily saw the annoyance written on her face and reluctantly sighed, ultimately agreeing. "Fine."

She grabbed her remote, turning on the tv to drown out her thoughts. Lily shook her head in disappointment.

"Somebody is really gonna get hurt, " she mumbled inaudibly, but Muri heard her clearly.

******

filler 🫡

- nae 🥂