Twelve

/Abel/

Abel woke up two hours later

Abel woke up two hours later. He felt around the hotel bed to pull Muri closer but frowned when he noticed the other side of the bed was empty. Opening his eyes, he yawned and looked around, listening to see if she would be in the bathroom or in the kitchen of the spacey suite.

After realizing that he was alone, he groaned softly and sat up reaching for his boxers that rested on the carpet. He put them on followed by his sweats and grabbed his black hoodie before grabbing his phone.

He'd gotten only a message from Sire, asking where he was and if she could come see him. He hadn't talked to her since the day Muri came to his office, and that was only a week ago. He wasn't sure if he wanted to speak to her just yet, so he ultimately left her message on read.

As he sat in the chair next to the large window looking out into the Los Angeles scene, he went to the Flickr app to message her. Only this time is when he decided to hate the app with a passion. Messages couldn't be sent until you and your interest mutually swiped right on each other.

So he swiped right on her updated profile picture and waited... a little too long for his liking. Abel tried seeing if her location was on at least but cursed to himself when he couldn't see it.

About a few minutes later, he came up with an idea genuinely hoping that it would work. He didn't know he hadn't thought of it sooner.

Abel went through his contacts finding Lily's number. He knew she'd be awake.

And she was. As soon as he called, she picked up immediately. The first thing he could hear was the loud music and yelling in the background.

"What's Muri's number?" He asked before she could answer.

"Damn, and to think you called to check on your new favorite employee" Abel playfully rolled his eyes, pulling the spare pin and notepad close to him. "I'm gonna text it to you—wait, why don't you have her number yet?"

"Ask her about it," he mumbled, not wanting to explain why. "Did you go out with her tonight?"

"No, I'm with La Mar and Nav. He's doing an appearance."

"Oh, well have fun."

"Stay by your phone!" She yelled into the phone before Abel hung up.

It took her ten minutes to send the number but as soon as she did, Abel was quick to dial it. It rung longer than he expected and the longer he waited, the more irritated he got.

He hung up and tried again. This time she answered.

"Who the fuck is this?"

"Who told you to fucking leave?" His tone was surprisingly harsh.

"Abel?" He pictured her frown over the phone. "I told you I was going out tonight. You don't own me. How did you get my number?"

"Don't worry about it," he replied. "I wanted you to stay tonight."

"And why is that? " Abel opened his mouth to speak, but slowly closed it. He didn't have anything to say and Muri noticed. "Careful, your clingyness is showing and I don't appreciate it."

He sighed and sat back in the chair as she started to speak again. "I don't understand how this wasn't made clear considering how we met. We're just fucking Abel. I don't have to explain myself to you about nothing I decide to do, just like you don't. I'll see you when I want to. You got that?"

"We're gonna have a problem if you don't come back."

Muri laughed in his ear before she hung up. He took his phone from his ear to look at it with a frown. He sighed heavily.

******

sidenote: this story is rather fast paced because I don't want it to be 80 chapters in length like my other books. lmao.

so don't be surprised in the next coming chapters. they're happening like this for a reason..

also, did ya know this was based off of a movie (kinda)?

it's deadass called newness on netflix lmao. it's good af too so you should watch it.

anyway, I'll try to update again today before I stream. see you then & thank you for reading. 😘

- nae 🥂