Thirty-Seven

/Muribella/

With a smile, Muri looked down at the message, twidling her thumbs in thought

With a smile, Muri looked down at the message, twidling her thumbs in thought. She was waiting on Abel in his office, to come back from downstairs with the food he ordered for them. She'd been cooped up with him while he handled his usual business. Muri was blessed with a few days off from work and she spent those days being with him or with Lily.

She had also been texting Amala more often as well. For now it's been innocent conversations between the two, but she'd be a fool to say she wasn't beyond interested in fucking her again. She was trying her hardest not to betray Abel because she really loved him, she just didn't know how to ask. They agreed on not having one night stands with the same people.

The door whipped open a few minutes later. She started to speak thinking it was Abel, until she heard an unfamiliar voice. She peered up from her lashes seeing the oblivious woman mindlessly walking through with her eyes on the manilla folders in her hands.

"Here's the papers you wanted—oh," she finally looked up, seeing Muri sitting in the office chair.

Muri ignored her vibrating phone to smile politely. "He just stepped out for a second. He'll be back."

"Oh, I'll just wait for him then."

Muri nodded going back to her phone. There was a slight awkward silence that she ignored. Amala sent her a selfie that made her smile widely. Beautiful was hardly the word to describe the rapper.

'Damn mama', she typed, biting her lip slightly.

"So, you two are together?" She heard her ask.

Muri looked up from her phone, deciding to sit it on the desk for the time being. "What's your name?"

"Sire." Was her reply. She moved closer holding her hand out to shake. Muri caught how nice she was being and raised her eyebrow in wonder, shaking her hand reluctantly.

"Right, Sire. Nice to meet you," she slightly smiled. "I'm sure the entire building knows we're together by now.. I'm confused on why you're asking."

Sire shrugged trying hard not to show how taken aback she was by Muri's forward-ness. She honestly had no idea why she decided to ask—maybe because she hoped it wasn't true. She hoped it didn't last as long as it did. She still wanted Abel to herself.

She stammered, hugging herself while looking away. Muri studied her mannerisms closely with a cool look on her face. Of course Sire was the one he had a thing with. She could tell by how she was acting.

"I just—... I'm only asking because Amala's always here and they're always on each other. So I just thought you two weren't together anymore."

Muri nodded slowly. "They're only together for y'all's entertainment, we're still together, and honestly I don't think what he does what anyone else is your business."

Sire frowned, starting to reply but closed her mouth once the door opened again. This time Abel entered, lips balled up in confusion. He held their bag of food and a tray of drinks, he looked between the both of them and became aware of the tension in the room.

"What's going on Sire?"

While she fell short on what to say, Muri sat back against the chair with a smirk. She listened to them talk business for a few minutes before Abel sent her away.

"Lock the door behind you please." He told her, turning to face Muri. He shook his head at her face. "What did she say to you?"

"Oh, nothing. The usual 'so you're fucking him, I still love him, you shouldn't have him' mumbo jumbo." Muri stood up to let him sit down. She plopped down in his lap, kissing his cheek. "She tried to snitch on you."

Abel chuckled, pulling out his fries and burger. "And what did you say?"

"I told her since she's so concerned about my feelings, how about we fuck so I can get over you."

"Really?" He looked at her with a frown. Muri laughed loudly.

"No baby. I told her to mind her fucking business."

"Not in that wording, I hope."

"Oh, of course not. I was nice." She batted her lashes. Abel chuckled.

"That's my good girl." They leaned in at the same time, pecking each other's lips. "I love you."

Muri playfully grimmaced. "Cringe."

******

& so it begins.

Sire, honey. 💀

- nae 🥂