IV

"Fuck you, Choi Yeonjun

"Fuck you, Choi Yeonjun." Danah curses her older brother underneath her breath. She stood outside her front door, stuffing his money into her pocket.

He had asked Danah last minute to buy some groceries for him. Their parents asked him to do it initially, but he decided he was staying late at university today to finish homework.

She couldn't even say "no" to him because she used to easily run errands for him, but since that event, she'd been fearful. Sad how something she enjoyed was ruined by one thing. She couldn't even tell him about it, worried he'd snitch to their parents and never let her go out again. Yeonjun always had a big mouth.

Her right hand gripped her closed umbrella. She felt like an idiot holding a huge umbrella in perfect weather, but she knew that it was better to be safe than sorry.

She began her travel to the supermarket. Fortunately, unlike last night, she's not out in complete pitch black darkness. The sun was only close to setting, giving her enough time.

She would scan every detail of her surroundings, planning escape routes or defence mechanisms in advance in case of another Vampire attack. After all, fear can be a good thing.

In no time, she was already leaving the grocery store with everything she needed. This time, the sun had set. This meant that she had to be even more on guard. Bro, can the sun return?!

Although she wanted to avoid almost every single Vampire, there was one specific one that she really wanted to see: Sheep. Perhaps he could come right now and protect her like he did previously. No, Danah, she lectures herself. If you see him again, you may fall in love.

There wasn't anything wrong with being thankful, though! She was super thankful for what he did for her, and even bought a little gift for him at the grocery store - not because she was starting to crush on him, of course! - in case she ever stumbled upon him again.

That's when she hears a branch snap behind her. All of a sudden, a foul stench engulfed her nose. It smelled like a carcass, like a dead deer or something.

Who else could step on a branch and smell like a carcass in the middle of the city? A Vampire.

She drops her grocery bag, turning around and pointing her umbrella at the being behind her. "Stay back! I have a weapon!" Danah exclaims.

Speak of the devil, the man she was just thinking about raises his hands up in surrender, wearing the same robe he wore from last night. He looked like a deer caught in headlights.

"Sheep?!" she immediately lowers her umbrella. He drops his hands down, seemingly confused. He shortly looks around before questioningly pointing at himself. "Yes, you! Isn't that your name?"

He drops his guard; he was noticeably happy to see her. He stifles a laugh, "No." I swear his voice is so familiar... Danah thinks to herself.

Why did Jett call him that name then?

A bit embarrassed, she awkwardly laughs. "My bad, what is your name then?" I can't believe I've been calling him Sheep this whole time... why would someone even be named Sheep in the first place?! She wanted to bang her head against a wall.

"That's confidential information," he simply says. "But I guess, temporarily, you are allowed to call me Sheep."

Temporarily? So is he implying that he'll tell me later on? Deal. "Fine by me," Danah did grow a liking to that name anyway. "So what are you doing at this time of day?"

"That... is also confidential information," Sheep gulps, looking down at his attire. His enthusiasm was quickly replaced by uncertainty.

She chuckles as she began to walk towards him, but he takes a few steps back. "Are you sure you're okay-?" Danah suddenly remembers the stinky smell from earlier, realizing the scent became stronger when she went closer to him.

Was the horrid scent coming from him? She stops in her tracks not too far away from him. Did he attack someone?

She then analyzes him, noticing a plethora of blood splattered all over him. There were also some rips on his clothing, indicating that whatever he attacked struggled. "What did you do?" she gulps

By the look of it, Sheep seemed guilty of an awful act as all he could do was look down. She grabs her grocery bag then takes a few steps back from him to create a bigger, safer distance.

Once again, her umbrella pointed at him. She never expected that she'd ever purposefully point it at her saviour from last night. "Are you going to answer me or not?"

Silence.
I guess not.

"Sheep, do you eat Humans?" Danah musters enough courage to ask a different question. He doesn't move, keeping his eyes locked onto the ground.

Nothing.
He just stands there, not saying anything.
But didn't he say that Vampires signed an oath to live harmoniously with Humans?
She didn't know what to believe at this point. All she did know was that it was better to be safe than sorry.

She thought so positively of him until now. Somehow, she felt betrayed by someone she only met yesterday. Perhaps she shouldn't trust a Vampire.

"Sorry, Sheep. Goodbye," her voice shook before turning around and speed walking away. Sheep only stands by, watching her go.

SHEEP

All I could do was let her leave with probably a new perspective of who I am, if I revealed to her too much about me, I might put her in grave danger.

In reality, I was attacked by a technologically advanced Vampire hunter and only barely escaped. I realize that if the hunter saw me with Danah, he would've assumed her as a target.

I don't know why I care so much about her all of a sudden, but seeing her countering Jett last night gave me some respect for her.

Every November 30th, me and several others are out in place to watch over the Night of the Vampires at night to act as surveillance, so I happened to be around the same area as Choi Danah.

Although she is an idiot for being out at that time of day on Night of the Vampires, she held Jett, a stray Vampire, off pretty well for a Human.

All of this made me feel like she deserved to be protected.

I shouldn't get too close to her, but a part of me was telling me to go after her and clarify things.