XX

A couple hours later, Danah jolts awake when a bucket of water gets spilt on her

A couple hours later, Danah jolts awake when a bucket of water gets spilt on her. She tries to cough, but there was tape over her mouth. Panicked, she then tries to move but she was tied to a chair.

There was a stinging pain in her arm that was hindering her sanity.

Frantically looking around, she could barely see anything but a dark attic. The room was dimly lit by a few candles. She felt claustrophobic, trapped. How did she get here? She wanted to scream.

She notices Vampire robes hanging around the area and some coffins. The only thing she remembered was... that Jungwon got stabbed. Her heart sinks into her stomach when she realizes she'd been captured by the Strays.

Fuck that, is Jungwon alive? At this point, she didn't give a crap that she could be tortured to death here in this attic, she just wanted reassurance about the boy she cherished.

"You're awake," someone emerges from the darkness. It was Rose. God, I want to kill her. She approaches Danah, ripping the tape off her mouth. "How was your rest, sweetie?"

Danah doesn't say anything, glaring at her. Rose narrows her eyes, scoffing. She grabs a chair that looked similar to the one Danah was on and seats herself on it, posture straight.

"I removed the tape to let you talk. Say something," she fakely frowns. Danah still doesn't say anything. She sighs, "I guess we're playing the silent game."

Clicking her tongue, Rose stands back up and walks toward a table on the side. She grabs a pitcher filled with red liquid in it, pouring some into a wine glass.

She takes a sip of it, smacking her lips disgustingly after swallowing. Danah didn't want to imagine what the liquid could've been, she knew that knowing would've scared her more.

Rose heads over to Danah with the glass in her hand, "Want some?" Danah ignores her. "Fine, makes sense. Silly me, I've forgotten that Humans don't drink Human blood."

Danah was horrified at this, gulping. She wanted to cry for help. That's when she finally remembers. Telepathy.

"Jungwon, are you out there?" she attempts but no answer. "Hello?" He couldn't have been dead. No. She tries more but still no answer. She was scared, she felt like she got disconnected from his communication somehow.

"It won't work," Rose crosses her arms. Danah furrows her brows, wondering what the crazy woman meant. "I know you're trying to reach him through telepathy, but I've turned it off."

Turned it off? How is that even possible?

Rose pulls something out of her robe pockets, revealing an injection. For some reason, Danah's arm twitches when she sees it. "Scary, eh? The concentrate inside this injection is what we used to make you pass out. You know, it also turns off all telepathy in you."

This is when Danah realizes that she was alone. "What do you want from me?" Danah finally says, defeated.

Rose exhales in satisfaction. "I want the Royal Family to regret everything they've done to the Strays," she hisses. "They implemented bullshit rules to the Vampires."

Rose was probably talking about the rules that involved Vampires drinking Human blood. Danah was uncomfortable, noticing Rose licking her lips as she looked at Danah's neck.

"I've been planning this revolution for a long time now," Rose continues. "The death of my gracious husband was simply the last straw."

Danah didn't feel bad at all. Jett could've killed her. Jett almost killed her if it weren't for Jungwon. "He attacked me. He's not as gracious as you think he is."

"IT'S THE CIRCLE OF LIFE," she yells which causes them both to flinch.

For a moment, it was silent. Danah notices Rose holding back tears. Containing herself, Rose looks up at the ceiling. Danah realizes only now that there was a large skylight above them that displayed the moon.

"The moon is beautiful, isn't it?" Rose sniffles to herself. Danah's face snaps to her direction. I've heard that statement before. "That's what Jett said to me the day he told me he loved me."

Danah recalls how Jungwon had said the exact same thing to her. What did it mean? Does it have some sort of deeper meaning?

Rose couldn't help but grin, "By look of your face, Jungwon probably said the same thing to you, didn't he?"

He did... but why?

Danah gives Rose a face that basically confirms her suspicion. "Of course he did, I guess both our men were cheesy. Do you know what it means?" Danah shakes her head. "I'll let you connect the dots. There's also a correct response to it by the way which is agreeing to the statement."

At this point, Danah couldn't think about any deeper meanings, she just wanted to be assured that he was okay. "Is Jungwon alive?" Danah asks.

Rose raises an eyebrow, "Do you know anything about Vampires? Of course he is, the only way you could kill us if you burn us alive or directly injure our hearts." At this, Danah sighs in relief. "I aimed for the stomach to make him suffer."

Danah sees fire in Rose's eyes: fire that couldn't be tamed. She knew that Rose wouldn't treat her nice here and that she was going to use her as bait to Jungwon.

Please, Jungwon. Don't fall for her tricks. Danah didn't want Jungwon to feel bad for letting her, his friend, get kidnapped by Rose. Somehow, Danah had already internally accepted that Jungwon didn't like her romantically.

However, unbeknownst to Danah, Rose knew that Choi Danah was Yang Jungwon's weakness. Rose knew that she could use Danah to get anything she wanted from Jungwon, which was vengeance.

"She's gone," Jungwon's voice shook, barging into the house with blood-stained clothes.

Sunghoon's eyes widen when seeing the state he was in, getting up. "Holy shit, you're bleeding!"

They weren't that worried about the injury, knowing Jungwon always got himself hurt like this and could just regenerate. However, it was the expression in his face and where he could've came from that scared them.

"Where were you?" Heeseung asks. Niki, Sunoo, and Jake step out of their rooms, wondering what was going on.

"Jungwon?" Jay steps out of his room instantly after hearing his close friend's quivering voice.

Jungwon goes against Jay's chest, his knees giving out and they fall down together. Jay tightly hugs him, anxious.

"What happened?" Jay softly asks him.

"Rose took her, hyung." Jungwon sobs against his chest. "Danah was stolen from me."