IX

How are we going to do this? Jungwon skeptically eyes the balcony above him, tightly holding on to the drunk girl beside him

He had already asked her if she had the keys to her house to which she replied "it's in my bag." Unfortunately, her bag wasn't present in the moment. What a reckless, girl.

He could obviously turn into a bat and lift Danah up since, even in his bat form, his human strength remains constant and he is considered quite strong. However, would that be easy with the current situation he's in?

"Would you mind being airborne for a few seconds?" Jungwon slowly asks her.

Danah was still drunk but way more calmer than earlier, the headaches were probably caving in her head now. "Not at all," she doesn't look at him but at the floor. "I already feel like I'm up in the clouds."

"Okay." With that, Jungwon shapeshifts and clings on to the back collar of Danah's shirt, lifting her up in the air. After all the drinking, she now was apathetic, lethargic. This made things easier.... somewhat.

Jungwon grunts throughout the process. Although he was way stronger than the regular man, he was still carrying uncontrolled, Human weight into the air. "Don't drop me," she nonchalantly pleads.

"I would never," he assures her. Danah knew he meant it by the way he enunciated the last word and how he stared at her firmly.

Reassured, she relaxes. "Okay." She lets her head hang loose, resting her face on the crook of his shoulder.

Finally reaching the balcony after what felt like forever, he softly drops her on her feet. He notices that her landing was slightly wobbly, so he quickly transforms back into humanoid form and stands beside her to catch her. "You okay?"

"Better than ever," she mumbles. Brushing it off, Jungwon takes her by the arm and leads her inside her room.

"Do you wanna change into pjs?" he hesitantly asks her, guessing that it'd be quite uncomfortable to fall asleep in the clothes you got extremely drunk in.

Jungwon has never drank before, so he wasn't sure of what to do. Danah shakes her head, "Ion wanna."

"Okay." He truly wanted her to change into home clothes, but there was no way he could do it without invading her privacy so he decided to brush the idea off.

Still, he isn't heartless.
He slowly walks toward her, not wishing to frighten her. Taking a deep breath, he cautiously unbuttons her varsity jacket and she watches him intensely throughout — He avoids eye contact.

For some reason, the air suddenly tenses and it was silent. All that was heard was their low breathing and some crickets outside.

He moves the jacket down her shoulders and takes it off, folding it and placing it on her chair. Underneath the varsity jacket was a simple crop top which showed a lot of skin in comparison to the highschool uniform they'd often wear.

She has a nice neck. He licks his fangs at the sight. Jungwon realizes that he was looking for too long and sets her down her bed, sighing. He places his hand behind her neck for support, and their faces were mere inches apart from each other.

Before he could get up, Danah wraps her arms around his neck, pulling him down. Now, his face was nuzzled in her chest and he freezes in shock, eyes widen open. "Don't leave," she lowly whines.

"My friends will get worried," Jungwon stiffly says, shifting his position a bit on her. Too close.

"I'll get worried," she snaps back. "I know you and your friends do dangerous things every night, wouldn't you be safer here with me?"

Who knew one would feel more empathetic when drunk.

Jungwon deeply wanted to agree with her, but when he lifted his head up to look at her, he saw her neck instead. That wasn't a good sign. "I care about your safety more," he presses his lips into a line.

"Jungwon, you're Sheep. You've seen me at my lowest, when I almost died," she frowns. Oh, that. Jungwon sighs.

"I may be your saviour, but I am also your school peer. I care for your safety. Plus, we have school tomorrow," Jungwon grins but Danah doesn't seem to react to his last statement.

"You've seen me deal with Jett, I can protect myself. I can even protect you too," For a moment, Jungwon forgot that Danah was drunk. Still, his heart skipped a beat.

"That's not what I meant," he clears his throat. "I want to protect you from me. There may come a time when I can't hold myself back from you." If Danah was sober, these words would've given her butterflies instantly. Sadly, she wasn't and she simply blinks a few more times before she fell asleep.

The Vampire catches himself admiring her for too long again, and he clears his throat. He had never expected to form a strong bond with his own classmate.

He cringes a bit, not used to showing this amount of vulnerability. He usually preferred to be silent and ominous. However, he wished that she gave him some sort of reaction.

A bit disappointed, Jungwon softly takes her arms off him and elevates his body — Not without a planting a kiss on her forehead.

For a few seconds, he admires her. He didn't expect himself to fall in love with a Human. Humans had a limited lifespan, whereas his kind lived for eternities.

His eyes lose focus and grows distant as he sadly looks at the Human girl in front of her. Anyone who's seen Jungwon knows how expressive his starry eyes are. He places a hand on her cheek, wondering what a life without her would be like.

Without him realizing, a tear slips down his cheek. A bit embarrassed, he was quick to wipe it off in case Danah suddenly opened her eyes.

That was his new fear: Danah was going to die of old age, and he was going to have to accept it if they did get together. He laughed to himself, how could we ever work?

He stands up to get a better view of her, but it gets interrupted someone when walks into the room.

Jungwon freezes, and he locks eye contact with another man.

It was Choi Yeonjun.

Fudge, Jungwon's heart skips a beat. Why was he scared? First of all, Yeonjun was one of the most popular seniors at school before he graduated. Second of all, he was Danah's older brother.

Yeonjun slowly blinks. Then, he sees his younger sister collapsed on her bed and the window open.

Jungwon tries to analyze Yeonjun's reaction, but no thought seemed to be behind those eyes except confusion.

Naturally, as an older brother, Yeonjun was quick to become protective.

He takes a deep breath, "If you are not out by the second time I open this door, something scary is going to happen to you." Then, he closes the door.

Wow, a Human was intimidating Yang Jungwon.
However, when his eyes fall back onto Choi Danah, he forgets everything.

He takes his time staring in awe at her when he receives a warning, "Jungwon, you need to come right now."