XXXV

The night before the infiltration, Danah was restless

The night before the infiltration, Danah was restless. She couldn't get a wink of sleep, deeply in thought of what could happen tomorrow.

She had been training for this very moment for days now, and she didn't know if she was ready. In fact, her determination to help infiltrate Rose outweighed her actual strength.

Next to her, Minji was sound asleep. Danah eyes her in awe, wondering how her best friend was so calm about everything.

The palace was dead silent, it was as if everyone else was also taking this whole plan lightly. It was as if Danah was the only one who held worry. I probably won't be able to sleep tonight.

Now that she had accepted this unfortunate fact, she quietly gets off the bed, making sure Minji doesn't wake up, and decides to take a walk.

Carefully closing the door behind her, she begins to aimlessly walk around the perimeter. Her arms were crossed, somewhat shivering from the cold.

The nights were endless here, but she was slowly getting used to it. She was actually warming up to the place. I'll definitely visit this place a lot when I'm able to return home.

During this walk, she also took her time to admire the Vampire relics and appreciate the culture. I cant believe I used to think everything Vampire-related was evil.

She was glad that her mindset completely changed, and that was done due to one Vampire: Yang Jungwon.

The way they're relationship formed was definitely a fascinating story. It all started when he saved her from a near-death experience!

Her heart would run laps whenever she thought of that man, and whenever she saw him her heart would explode. He made her feel so happy.

She could imagine a whole future with him in her life. She could care less that they were specie rivals, she wanted him, and she would fight for their love.

It is when she notices a familiar figure at the end of the same hallway across from her, just a few feet away. Jungwon is awake? It was as if he also just noticed her. "Cant sleep?" His voice lowly echoes.

"Nope," Danah grins. "Seems like you can't either."

"Obviously," he defeatedly sigh. "I was just going to head into the garden. Care to join me?"

"I'd love to," she gladly accepts.

Danah and Jungwon were wasting the night away in the palace garden, talking to each other. They sat on the tiny staircase in front of the fountain.

"Did we have homework?" Jungwon asks in a playful tone.

"Shut up," Danah hits him. It wasn't like they were going back any time soon because of their current situation with Rose.

They made childish jabs on one another, doing the things they haven't been doing recently: acting like teenagers.

It was trivial how two 17 year olds got into such mess.

"I can't believe I was so convinced that your name was actually Sheep," Danah laughs, addressing the moments of their introduction.

"Me neither," Jungwon cracks a smile. "When you called me that at school, I was so confused. I was like did another Vampire save her or something?"

Sometimes she forgets that they are literally classmates and that was what they all were to each other. Wow, how times have changed.

"I cant believe you let me look like a fool!" she playfully punches his arm. She easily recalled that deceased man saying "Little Sheep" to Jungwon. "Why did Jett call you it then?"

"He never did," Jungwon simply says which causes Danah's brain to explode. "He actually called me Little Shit. He never said sheep." The swear word unnaturally rolls off his mouth, he seems to be not much of a curser.

Danah chokes on saliva. Jett never called him Sheep? "I'm an idiot," she groans. How did she mishear that? She felt insane.

Jungwon comforts her, pinching her cheek. "It's okay, things like these happen to the best of us."

She annoyedly pushes his hand away, "Shut up." After doing so, her hand slightly touches her collar which subtly reveals the bite mark on her neck.

Jungwon sees it and his heart drops. It was now there to act as a constant reminder to him that he had hurt Danah. However, instead of sorrow, vengeance for a specific stray Vampire filled his mind.

"Remember when I pointed the Vampire repellant at you?" she attempts to make light of the situation. "You must've felt hurt that I even brought it. It was wrong, I'm sorry.

"Hm." His mind was filled of how he could break each and every one of Rose's bones.

Danah doesn't notice his trance and continues talking about something else, "I noticed something really weird lately."

Jungwon snaps out of his malicious thoughts towards Rose, licking his lips. "What did you notice?"

"Back in the Human realm, we only interacting during the night and barely interacted during the day. Now that we are in the Vampire realm, and it is always night here, our relationship grew stronger," Danah elaborates on her thought.

"I guess we are what you can call: Lovers in the Night," Jungwon smoothly puts a title on them.

Danah decides to play along with it, "You're like a dream come true, Won."

"The night is where dreams come true," Jungwon continues.

"I get it, you like the night!" Danah pretends to cringe, trying to show that she was intensely judging him. "Damn, when did you start getting cheesy?"

"When I met you," he cutely blinks at her. Danah blushes, resting her head on his shoulder to subtly hide her reddening face.

Jungwon exhales out, satisfied with where his life was at now. However, he still has goals he wanted to achieve.

Life was too short, even for a Vampire like him. It was now when he realized that they were only teenagers and that they should live to the fullest.

After infiltration Rose, I will definitely ask Danah out officially.