XXVI

"The princes have arrived!" Princes?

"Child, you should stand behind me," Queen Yang pulls Danah to her side with a calming gesture. "Hearing what my sons have to say may overstimulate your weak brain."

Sons. Danah had thought that Jungwon was the only child of the Yangs. There was no way those six other guys were of his blood, they look nothing alike!

"I can tell you're confused," Minji whispers to her best friend. "Jungwon is, by blood, the Yang's only biological son. The rest are adopted." Okay, that makes more sense.

And there he was, walking in front of the guard. The one person Danah wanted to see so bad.

"The moon is beautiful, isn't it?"

She had so many questions she wanted to ask him, yet the moment she saw him, she silenced. Her heart began aching tremendously because she had missed him so much.

For now, Jungwon only sees his father. He falls to one knee and so do the rest of his brothers behind him. The same pose Minji did.  "Rose escaped," Heeseung begins. "However, she sent us a messenger when we were retreating."

All seven of the princes seemed equally soiled due to the violence of the task they've been doing.

"The messenger claimed that Rose will only abjure her threat of war if we bestow her Choi Danah," Sunghoon mentions. "We do not know why, though."

Why does this hag want me so much?! Danah internally panics. She notices King Yang sighing in frustration. Please don't give me to them.

"It will not happen, my Lord." Jungwon doesn't refer to his own dad in a casual manner. "It would be counter intuitive, we would basically be sucking up to her. We absolutely cannot give her Choi Danah."

Minji elbows Danah with a playful smirk, "I'd get butterflies in my stomach if I were you." Danah rolls her eyes, but in reality, she was on Cloud 9.

King Yang simply looks at his consultant, wondering what he thought of his son's plan. The consultant clears his throat, "This is quite preposterous."

At this, everyone side glances Jungwon, wondering how he'd react to that statement. He simply tilts his head in confusion.

The consultant continues, "Why would we go such great lengths for a Human girl? Mind you, Prince, that waging war against the Strays would be detrimental to our kingdom."

Jungwon didn't like how his views are getting undermined. His voice was much quicker, a bit impatient, "I will be able to handle it—"

"Rose is powerful," he cuts him off. He turns his head to the king. "If possible, Your Highness. I think we should not go through with this."

Now, Jungwon was noticeably annoyed. He takes a harsh exhale out, "Dongwook, do you like being the King's consultant?"

The consultant, who we now know as Dongwook, raises his eyebrow. He was caught off guard by the question. "Sorry?"

"Do you?"

Where's he going with this? Danah thought to herself.

Realizing that everyone was expectantly looking at him, Dongwook gulps. "I do."

"Do you think you'll remain my father's consultant by opposing his son, your future King of the Vampires?" Jungwon refers to himself with eyes now in the colour red.

At this, the room silences. Dongwook apologetically bows, intimidated. His voice shook, "I might've underestimated your power. I'm sorry, my future King."

Jungwon sighs in satisfaction.

Queen Yang whispers, "Oh dear, he's fighting for you." Minji smirks as Danah blushes.

King Yang simply nostalgically exhales out, "My son truly is growing up." Danah could see confusion spark up in all seven princes' faces, but they had to continue looking down in respect until the king says so.

"Look at my Jungwonie," Queen Yang's hands clasp together as she lowly exclaims. Tears were streaming down her face. "He's in love."

Fortunately, the tension of the room dies down. However, Jungwon's face was still red.

Danah chokes on a breath that lagged due to hearing that statement. Minji bursts out a laugh, and Danah begins coughing loudly to her embarrassment.

Jungwon's head automatically snaps up and the red in his eyes disappear. King Yang grins. "At ease," he grants in order for his son see Danah.

All seven boys get up. Danah stops coughing and now she had eye contact with Jungwon. Noticing this, Queen Yang softly smiles and gets out the way.

Wow, he's as handsome as usual. Jungwon never failed to mesmerize her with his visuals.

Instinctively, Jungwon ruffles his hair in order for himself to look more presentable. Seeing this, Jay rolls his eyes towards Heeseung with a smirk.

"He's probably have a heart attack right now," Niki whispers to Sunoo. Jungwon focuses more on checking Danah for any possible injuries.

"I'm glad you're okay," Jungwon thankfully mutters out, staring at her.

"Same goes to you," Danah reciprocates the light but awkward motion.

Silence.

"What the fuck is going on?" Jay's eye twitches at the abomination of a reunion. After all we've been through for Jungwon to see her again, he's reacting like that?! Jay was flabbergasted.

"How has your stay been here so far?" Jungwon presses on, not acknowledging everyone else.

Danah was internally screaming at the sudden awkwardness. "Very comfortable actually. Thank you."

"No problem." Why were they talking like this? Was it because of their current setting? Was it because his parents were around? What gives?!

"You fell for that?" Minji mockingly asks Danah to make fun of her.

"Our boy has negative rizz," Jake says in English and disappointedly clicks his tongue.

"I want to rip my hair out," Sunoo grips his scalp in disbelief at the atrocity he was witnessing, judging 100%.

"I'm amused," Sunghoon sadistically states.

King Yang begins hollering, "Yang Jungwon! This is not how I taught you how to welcome a woman! I am ashamed!"

Jungwon's face instantly turns tomato red at everyone bashing him for his lack of charisma. Danah just laughs to herself, finding him adorable.

Heeseung clears his throat, "Father, we have much to talk about still."

"Right," King Yang nods. He then eyes his wife who nods in return.

"After me, ladies. Let's give you an official tour of the palace," Queen Yang softly says.

"We need Minji here, however. She was a part of the plan after all," Sunghoon notifies. Minji sighs and gives Danah's a pat on the shoulder before separating with her.

Danah takes on last look at Jungwon before following his mother, wishing they had more time to talk.