XXII

"This girl's butt better not be here," Minji hisses as she spams the doorbell of Danah's house

"This girl's butt better not be here," Minji hisses as she spams the doorbell of Danah's house. "If she is, she better have a god-sent explanation on why she isn't responding to Wonyoung, Sullyoon, and I's calls."

Five minutes had passed, and no one has answered the door. Danah's favourite shoes weren't by the door, but Minji had looked everyone and she wasn't in any of the possible places.

It is when magical dust appears in front of her from behind her. She recognizes it, immediately, "Fuck."

The seven Vampire boys had just landed after flying using their bat forms.

"Minji," Jungwon sighs. His six other friends were behind him, looking at each other with worried expressions. The two didn't have a great past.

"What do you guys want?" she crosses her arms, turning around to face them. "Didn't you guys promise me that you'll never talk to me again?"

Heeseung notices Jungwon's at Minji's harsh words, so he decides to speak for him, "It's about Danah."

Hearing this, her shoulders drop. "What did you guys do to her?"

Niki crosses his arms. "Hey, it's not our faults."

"By the looks of your guilty faces, it seems like it is!" Minji's temper immediately rises.

"You don't have so be so angry, bro," Jake informs her to calm down.

"My bad, I should be so happy that my ex is standing in front of me right now!" Minji sarcastically remarks, gesturing towards Jungwon.

"This isn't going very well, is it." Sunghoon sends telepathy to his friends. The boys in the back simply look at each other, defeated.

"Let me explain," Jungwon begins. However, this leads her to assume that Jungwon was the main cause of her disappearance.

"I knew something was off!" Minji begins yelling. "I should've told her to stay away from you! What did you do to her? Did you put her under a spell?!"

At school, Minji had two major goals:
1. Graduate with many honours.
2. Make sure that none of her Human friends befriend Jungwon or any of his buddies.
She realizes that she failed the latter.

"We haven't done spells since the earlier Yang dynasty. Vampires change as generations evolve, you know." Jay snaps back. He was referring to Jungwon's ancestors, whom were the developers of the original Vampire magic.

"Whatever, can someone just explain to me why my best friend hasn't been answering my calls?! Don't tell me she's in your house or something."

"No," Jungwon realizes that he has to be straightforward in the situation. "Rose, from the Stray realm, has her."

Now, she was frozen. She gathers enough of her sanity to mutter, "W-what? Why would Rose the Ramen shop owner want her?"

"Because she and Jungwon killed Jett," Sunoo blurts. Sunghoon elbows him the gut, "Ow!"