X

Danah was usually ecstatic whenever Saturday finally arrived, but today, she was out of it

Sheep had broken their nightly streak of seeing each other at night. This hurt Danah because she felt stood up and also because she was quite competitive and didn't like streaks being broken. Her highest Snapchat streak is 2094 days with Minji.

Why does this hurt so much? Danah frowns. Why do I love a Vampire so much?!

Being reminded of Minji, she decides to text her:

Danah
do you think a relationship between a human would work?

She replies almost instantly.

Minji
no
we ain't living in twilight
... why are you even asking

"I didn't want that answer, Minji!" Danah groans, tossing her phone across her her.

Anyway, although Danah wasn't able to talk to Sheep last night, she decided to be strong and to not think too much about it; she couldn't expect him to come for her all the time. Still, she was hurt.

She has loads of homework to finish, so she grabs her school binders from her back and placed them on her study desk.

The bright, wrapped gift on her drawer attracted her attention for a moment. She was supposed to give it to Sheep last night.

The day went by like it did before she believed in Vampires; boring and nothing to look forward to. Time moved excruciatingly slow for her liking.

A couple hours went by, and she was only on her last few pages before completing her assignments. Wow, I'm being productive.

She opens her water bottle to take a big gulp out of it.

For some reason, she felt like she was burning alive from the warm temperature of her room. So she temporarily gets up to open her balcony door for some fresh air.

However, when she turns back to her study desk, she hears a thud from her balcony behind her. Hopeful, she checks to see what it is to be met face-to-face with the one guy she wanted to see.

Sheep.

She was instantly happy to see him, but he didn't seem to feel the same. Before Danah could process anything, he weakly walks through her balcony door.

He staggers towards her, and she notices that he was unsteady, so she grabs a hold of him to catch him. It was all so quick — Sheep collapses in her arms, bringing Danah down with him.

She could hear his unsteady breathing; he sounded exhausted and overworked. "Sheep, are you okay?!" Danah was worried. What had happened to him? Was he attacked?

Danah instantly forgets about last night, she is just glad she is seeing him.

He grunts in pain. Where was he hurt? She couldn't tell, he was always fully clothed in his usual, dumb robe. Hell, she didn't even know what his face looked like because of it.

She wanted to ask him to let her see what exactly was done to his body, but she considered otherwise. He'd just tell me to not worry or that it's confidential information.

"Do you need me to take you to a hospital?" Danah frantically asks, holding him closer to her. His body loses all tension at feeling her touch.

"It's fine, Vampires can heal," Sheep assures her. She remembers him telling her this a while back.

"Come on," Danah begins pulling him to her bed.

He places a hand on his stomach,"No, I'm going to get blood on it." So that's where his injury was.

"What the heck happened?!" she was restless due to the fact that he wasn't actually answering her questions.

Sheep hesitates before answering, "Vampire hunters." At an instant, Danah was full of rage and questions. "I'm fine now, I escaped."

Escaped? "So you're saying you were... kidnapped?" Danah mentally struggled to get the last word out of her mouth. Sheep gulps. Frick, maybe he's not ready to take about it yet.

Sighing, Danah leads Sheep's body to her couch and motions him to sit on it with which he does. She wanted to give him space momentarily.

"Do you need to get stitched up-?" She cuts herself off when she hears hissing sounds. She observes his stomach to see that it had stopped bleeding and so did the other parts of his body. A gasp leaves her mouth.

Sheep tilts his head, finding her puzzlement cute."Like I said, Vampires can heal."

She lets go of him for a bit, "Well, the excess blood is still on you. I'll get you stuff to clean you up. I'll be right back. For now, put this on any bruise you have." She hands him her cold water bottle from her desk.

"Okay," Sheep says in a quiet sigh, taking it from her. Danah rushes out her room and into her parent's washroom to fish out some medical wipes.

Danah's mind was bombarded with multiple questions — She didn't expect anything like this to happen today.

When she returns, she holds them out to show him. "Hey, Sheep. You can use these to—" Her sentence cuts off when she sees uncomfortably familiar person in her room.

Is that who I think it is?

He looked as if he was caught red-handed or something, freezing like a cat when she appeared.

Her eyes widen, not believing what they were seeing; she was convinced that she was hallucinating.

To test her sanity, without thinking, she throws the medical wipes at the person. "Ow- what was that for?!"

Nope, it is real.

...Yang Jungwon?