XVI

"Okay, what was that all about?" Danah was a bit annoyed, sending Jungwon a face that was seeking answers

Danah didn't like the thought of leaving her friends to suffer alone on garbage duty just because Jungwon's student placement privilege got her out of it; it felt unjust.

Additionally, she really wanted to talk to him face-to-face earlier which was part of the reason she was unhappy with him. Heck, she still can't believe the two people she had been crushing on were the same person. Now she doesn't know which personality to use on him!

Clicking his tongue, Jungwon stops them far enough from the the other girls. He checks to see if anyone had followed them and removed his arm off Danah when they were clear.

"First of all, you didn't give me a chance to object to this. Second of all, where were you? You left me hanging earlier," she continues on.

"Sorry about that," he refuses to make eye contact with her. "Its just that we need to talk."

At that, Danah's body cringes. She absolutely despised it whenever someone said that to her, she always felt like she did something wrong. "I'll hear you out, just don't do that again." He simply nods.

Nervously, she licks her lips, staring expectantly at him. The wind brushes against the two. Danah only realizes now that the sun had almost completely set which further proves that they always only see each other every nighttime.

Furthermore, the fact that Jungwon is in front of her is quite shocking, and she knew even her friends thought that way. No one ever saw Mr First Place anywhere but at school which made him quite mysterious.

The fact that he is standing before her right now would've shocked pre-Jett experience Danah. It was hard for Danah to tell herself that Jungwon was the one who saved her that night.

Jungwon shortly scans his environment as if he was looking for the right words to say. "Remember Jett? That guy from a while ago?"

"Of course I do. I think about him every night," she sarcastically remarks. Indeed, it was true. On several occasions, she would get nightmares.

"Well, a little bird sent the cause and reason of his death to my father."

"And?" her eyebrow raises, not understanding his point. So what if his dad knows? Will he get a spank or something for going near a human girl? Clearly, she was underestimating the scenario.

"You don't get it," He was more seriously this time. "My dad is the King of the Vampires."

Jungwon is not only a Vampire... but also a prince.

Oh... shit. Danah's jaw basically almost falls off her face. I swear, he's everything all at once — What is he going to tell me next? That he's part-dragon? Part-wolf? Heaven bid he's also a part of the mafia.