Blood of My Death: The Ancient Earthscrapper - Chapter Six

Memory Series Sequence 351001002451983...

Memory Series Sequence Sub-002-0909 - Evasion doctrine is active.

Seeing all the different medical equipment and technology available here was terrific. One lab we visited was a rehab research facility where they tested advanced exoskeletons that could aid people who use a wheelchair like me. I had tried many exoskeletons, and I own one, but wearing it took a toll on my body. I couldn't wear it for long periods because of my spine injury. Mostly, I used them whenever we went out in public, even though their purpose was for short-term use. I rarely used my wheelchair, and the downside to exoskeletons was I could only use them for a few hours before being recharged.

A spinal implant would obliterate the need for a medical exoskeleton. Older spinal implants only partially restored a person's ability to walk and had the same limitations. They had to be recharged, just like the medical exoskeleton. The new implant I was hoping to get would be decades ahead of anything available on the market. The other problem was the price and difficulty with the initial surgery. We couldn't afford the spinal implants on the market now, and there was no guarantee my health insurance would even pay for them. Hospitals consider spinal implant surgery an elective procedure; thus, doctors view it as unnecessary. As of now, only the wealthy can afford the surgeries needed for spinal implants, which is what led me to DNA Labs.

The advanced equipment here gave me hope I could soon walk again. There was nothing like what I saw here that was available anywhere else. After visiting several more labs, our guide led us to the many gardens surrounding the H-shaped high-rise building. There were plenty of locations where we could relax during our stay here. It was only a ten-minute walk to the next building, a mixture of a laboratory and a production factory. The exterior of the building was in the shape of a pyramid made of reflective metal with striped glass. There was an eerie resemblance to the Pyramids of Giza, but it was much more extensive. On each side of a corridor building, a smaller pyramid stood. In front of the pyramid was another medium-sized pyramid, almost the same size as the largest one. As soon as we entered this building, several employees handed us headsets.

"It's going to get loud once you enter this building, and you're going to need these," a worker said, handing each of us a headset.

Dr. Iris put hers on and placed her microphone near her mouth, then gestured to her mouth as she spoke.

"We are now entering the Production Plant. These headsets will allow us to communicate over the noises from the floor," Dr. Iris announced loudly.

"This is where they fabricated many of the materials and chemicals they used for their technology. Right here on-site, they could create everything they needed. In addition to the main building, four smaller buildings house the large, automated warehouses. A corridor attaches each building, allowing for specialized production," Dr. Iris added.

"I have never seen a robot in person before," I replied.

"DNA Labs uses state-of-the-art Dumb A.I. class robots that can do most manufacturing and productions. Of course, we still have humans involved in the process, but this allows us to build anything we want," Dr. Iris replied.

There were even robots and drones rolling around everywhere, doing various tasks. The building's interior was open so I could see from one side to the other.

"In this building, there are four production spaces that are separate from one another, just like this one here, etc. Each of the buildings connected to this one has almost identical layouts," Dr. Iris announced while we passed by a conveyor belt that everything was uniform and organized for optimal efficiency.