Blood of My Death: The Ancient Earthscrapper - Chapter Forty-Six

Muffled voices sounded around me. The words were hard to distinguish at first. Someone was having a conversation, so I tried to open my eyes or lift my head. The searing pain was still ever so present. I felt it most in three spots in my back, around my wrists and ankles. Moving my limbs was out of the question. Even a tiny movement caused shock waves of pain. It was a struggle for me to open my eyes at last. Two guards were talking to each other several feet from me. I was in one store, a diner. They bound my arms and legs to a chair with cuffs. Inside the inner rings, I could feel needles or spikes digging into my skin. It was the same for my ankles. Smoke was coming off the area around the cuffs like a cigarette. The smell of burnt flesh filled my nose. 'What the hell was wrong? Why was my wrist being burned like that?' I wondered in pain. One guard noticed that I was now awake.

"Sir, the test subject is awake," the guard informed.

"Get out there and find the other one!" the other guard said forcibly.

"Yes sir, Captain Biggs," the guard said, then left the store in a hurry.

"You know, you little shits have cost me a lot of work. First you let those damn vampires we worked so hard to capture escape. Then, I had to chase you here just to get sidelined after you kill some of my best men," Captain Biggs stated in a sarcastic tone.

"I don't care about what problems you got!" I countered in a labor voice.

"They may have sidelined me, but I can't wait until the other ones still running around get shipped back to the lab in pieces. The researchers only need one of you to continue the project. I'll take you back and get a substantial reward," Captain Biggs said, chuckling.

"Where's Rachael! What are you going to do to her and the others!" I demanded weekly.

"You'll find out. Not that you'll be able to help them," Captain Biggs said as he pulled out a rod.

"You see this little thing right here can stop you dead in your tracks. A simple weapon, really. Made from cold iron," Captain Biggs explained.

"If anything happens to my friends, you'll be the first to go!" I yelled with a little more strength.

"That so? Then I guess I'm going to have to teach you a brief lesson later than," Captain Biggs said, coming closer with the rod.

He inched the rod closer to my face, aiming for my left cheek. The closer it got to my face, the end of the rod turned orange rather than white. I could feel the heat coming off it. It was an intense heat that made me remember just how hungry I was. Not to mention, the rage was still boiling.

"You must be undoubtedly dying for some precious blood. After all that damage you took. I have to admit, I didn't think you'd gain the thirst so fast. Yeah, I bet you mad as fuck, too," Captain Biggs stated as he withdrew the rod.

"You must like the sound of your voice because you just won't shut up!" I yelled.

The Captain put the rod he was holding back in its holster. He then ripped what little clothes I had on my chest off, revealing my bare breasts. His expression showed he was enjoying the sight of my chest.

"I think I'm going to give you that lesson now. A worthy thing like you needs a good pounding," Captain Biggs said as he leaned closer to me.

I spat in his face. That caused him to pull the rod back out and press it against my cheek. The sudden touch of the rod to my face sent a pain that was greater than I had felt before. After he withdrew the rod, he glared at me.

"I bet you wished you could heal right now. No amount of vampire healing or werewolf healing going to heal that," Captain Biggs gloated.

"What the hell is that thing?" I cried.