Blood of My DeathBlood of My Death: The Ancient Earthscrapper - Chapter Nine

Memory Series Sequence 351001002451983...

Memory Series Sequence Sub-002-0909 - Evasion doctrine is active.

A silhouette of a humanoid female hologram in the living room appeared after everyone awoke. The alarm would go off at 5:00 am every day. Sleeping in late was not an option. The strict schedule we had to follow every day, even on weekends, had become ingrained in us. I can't say how many weeks have passed, yet I have not spoken to my family once. We discovered later that our holo-TVs were nothing more than a show. None of us had the authorization to turn them on. So, the holographic female, in a way, has become our keeper. She waits patiently in the middle of the living room until it's time for her to speak.

"Today, I will split you into two separate groups. Dr. Diane Iris will accompany Test subject Kristonia Howel, while Dr. Racheal Warren will accompany test subject Kristen Howel. Do you understand your arrangements for today?" the female hologram questioned.

"What is the reason for us splitting up today?" Dr. Iris asked.

"Today will be physical tests for Kristen and mental tests for Kristonia," the hologram replied.

"What is the reasoning for these tests? Kristen cannot walk, and there is no reason to do a mental test on Kristonia," Dr. Warren exclaimed.

"These are Dr. Ashland's orders. In the physical tests, we will test Kristen to determine how well she can walk after she has undergone surgery to implant the device. The company understands Kristonia is not Kristen; her mental tests will determine how well she will cope with any difficulties related to the spinal implant device," it replied.

"That makes absolutely no sense. Kristen has already shown what she can do, and Kristonia is not Kristen. They both have unique minds, and testing one's mental stress limit does not determine the other. That's insane, and I want to talk to Dr. Ashland now," Dr. Iris demanded.

"I am sorry, Dr. Iris, but Dr. Ashland is unavailable, and these are his orders for today. Compliance is necessary," she replied.

"How many tests are we supposed to go through before my sister gets this implant you keep talking about? We've been here for weeks, and nothing has happened but the same daily tests. Then, afterward, you put us to work," Kristonia blurted.

"I am sorry. Test subjects cannot inquire about their tests. Therefore, please refrain from asking inquiries," it requested.

"Fuck, this test subject shit. You can't keep ignoring us. We are people, not test subjects. Get that through your damn holo brain," Kristonia yelled.

"I am sorry I cannot respond to outbursts from test subjects. However, if you do not refrain from your current behavior, they will force me to summon security," the female hologram stated.

"Calm down, Kristonia. We can't do anything right now. Let's do their stupid tests," I replied, trying to calm my sister down.

"This is ridiculous. How many tests does it take to get an implant? You have her full medical records. What else could you possibly learn by doing the same test over and over? And now you want me to do mental tests? For what? I don't understand, and now you're putting guns to our heads if we don't comply," Kristonia continued to yell.

"If you do not calm down, they will force me to summon security," the hologram firmly stated.

"Fuck that. You can't treat us like animals. We are human beings, and this is against the law," Kristonia exclaimed angrily.

The hologram turns to Kristonia and takes a step toward her.

"Zero Zero One, I detect you do not have authorization. You do not possess the necessary protocols to ask such questions or make such statements," the holographic woman replied.