Blood of My Death: The Ancient Earthscrapper - Chapter Thirty-Two

Begin Memory Memory Series Sequence 482000152451983...

Memory Series Sequence Sub-001-0909.

"Why was I so angry? That damn hologram got under my skin so badly," I told myself. The nurses were taking me to do a surprise test. That was a new one. I have never done this kind of test before. Plus, I was going to be on my own for this test. "I wonder what kind of pointless test this would be," As I counted the time it took to reach the elevator, I realized that we should have been there by now. "Where were they taking me? This isn't the elevator to the bath floor either," I realized.

On our way to the elevator, reaching the elevator took three times as long. I immediately knew something was wrong. Above the door were the words "Catacombs entrance," The nurses opened the door and pushed me with force into the elevator cabin. In a flash, the doors closed, sealing me inside. A loud bang, and the thing started moving. No panel or display showed what floor it would stop me on. Another concerning factor was unlike every damn thing in this place. The inside of this elevator was dirty and dimly lit. I swore that was blood on the doors. As if someone was trying to get out or keep something out. Well, they could have been trying to get in.

Somehow I felt my day was about to spiral out of control fast. The ride was long and several times, it stopped. Getting stuck in here would be bad enough. I scanned my surroundings for a way out, but there was none but the elevator doors. "What the hell was the catacombs?" I questioned myself. The loud shank of the door's opening snapped me out of my thoughts.

Nothing but pitch black greeted me. Then there was the awful, putrid smell. A bump to my back caused me to jump forward. The back wall of the elevator was pushing me out. Within seconds I had to enter absolute darkness as the door slid shut. The smell only got worse and was choking me. "What was this smell? It smelled like death," I debated with myself. I turned to try opening the doors, but I heard the elevator going back up. Now I'm seriously fucked. "Maybe I could find another elevator. Then I remember the doors. Someone had tried getting back in," This was quickly turning into a horror story. I took slow steps with my hands extended to both sides. Keeping them touching the walls. Considering I could touch both meant this corridor was narrow.

The tests I'd done before were in that colossal sleep deprivation chamber, so I was used to the darkness. I wasn't accustomed to what I saw in the darkness. I saw horrible things in the dark. I hadn't told my sister Kristen about this yet. Doctor King knew about it, and I think hearing me scream in terror gave him pleasure. That chamber helped my senses adjust faster. The only sound came from my breathing and footsteps. My mind was concentrating on any sounds. That smell wasn't the only thing in the air. There was someone or something down here too. I knew it would smell me soon. "Maybe I should have skipped using that flowery body wash this morning," I tried telling myself. Hindsight really pisses me off.

After what felt like hours, I ran into a wall. Then a flash of light nearly blinded me. It was that damn hologram. The light it emitted lit up the corridor. I was in some dark cave-like place. A single monitor hung on the wall. The holographic display popped up. An image of my sister with Diane and Rachel came up. They were outside near a pool. "How did they get outside, and why were they getting naked in front of all those people? Never mind, those doctors probably set that up," I thought.

"You should continue if you want them to be safe," the hologram said.

I almost opened my mouth to tell it to shut up, but I noticed the tone. It was different, and its voice was different. A woman's voice, not some synthesized voice.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"You're being tested," it said.

"Tested how?" I asked again.