Blood of My Death: The Ancient Earthscrapper - Chapter Thirty-Seven

The doors of the elevator opened up, and I was back in Resident One. From the diagram on the glass tablet, I was still in the underground area. I was on the same floor that our quarters were on and there were four other elevators on this floor. From what I had learned from studying the building map, two of them we used regularly. One we'd never used and appeared to go to the surface and the one that went to the Catacombs. I checked the feed to our dorms, and it was black. "I just checked it before the elevator stopped. What was going on? Had they figured I had escaped the Catacombs?" I questioned myself.

The route to our rooms was shorter than what we had figured. There were two central corridors that made a square. They had led us in circles, going to and from our room. "They must have been trying to confuse us by using cheap trickery," I thought. By the time I got there, I saw that the door was open, and I could hear a struggle inside. I raced to the door to see a group of those pseudo vampires and a man in a hospital shrub like mine. 

He was pinning Rachel down on the couch, biting her neck. I ran over to help her, but a stiff hand on my shoulder stopped me dead in my tracks. Before I could turn around a sharp pain burned my neck. I felt teeth sinking into my neck. The monster gripped me around my chest. The other one raised up, staring at me with Rachael's blood dripping from his lips.

He wasn't like those pseudo vampires as his appearance was more human. The only discrepancy was those blood-red eyes. They had a slight glow to them. The man's hair was golden blond and cut short in a perfect haircut. His skin was super pale, almost like there was no life in him. He had an angled face with a square jaw. Those teeth of his were even more vicious than the other ones, and his fangs were longer.

"Brother, you got another one?" He asked.

"Yes, this one is exceptionally satisfying," the thing whispered.

"Let me taste her," the other one asked as he rose from Rachael.

My legs went weak and the struggling I was putting up was barely doing anything. The new creature bit into my shoulder while the other continued to feed on my neck. The feral's all fought to get hold of Rachael. She tried to fight, but she looked to be nearly dead already. "What were these men? Were they actual vampires? That terrified me if that was true," I thought.

My sight faded again. I tried to stay awake to help Rachael, but I knew she'd already passed out or worse. Once again, I drifted away as everything went black.

"Am I still awake?" I thought. "I know I passed out yet why do I feel like I'm still awake?" Everything was dark again. Seeing nothing but the blackness of nothingness was stressing me out. "Where was I now?" I thought more. This place felt familiar, as if I knew I had been here before. That place I go when Doctor King is testing me in that sleep deprivation chamber. It was a place of nightmares. The shocking realization that I had here again shocked me with terror. I turned around in a circle and found that pillar of light. It was closer than it usually was. 

The light that emitted from me was so dim that it barely eased the darkness. Thankfully, the darkness seemed to be retreating and the light cast from the pillar of light was enough for me to see now. I wasn't about to stay where I was. I went to take a step, and nothing happened. My feet and legs wouldn't move. I looked to see that I was halfway submerged in a blackish liquid. "What on earth was this stuff? Then I remember her from that dream. Or was it a dream?" I thought.

As if on cue, she stepped out from the darkness. Silently watching me like she did in my dream. She smiled slightly when the thought crossed my mind. "Was she reading my mind or something like Mother had?" I debated. Her smile widened to show her teeth. I nearly lost my shit at the sight of her pointed, razor-sharp teeth. She licked her lips like she was about to feast. Her fiery orange eyes burned into my soul like two suns.