Blood of My Death: The Ancient Earthscrapper - Chapter Seventeen

Memory Series Sequence 351001002451983...

Memory Series Sequence Sub-002-0909 - Evasion doctrine is active.

When I heard Dr. Warren's sheets rustle, I realized she was awake and looking at me.

"Are you having a hard time sleeping?" Dr. Warren asked.

"Yeah, my legs were hurting, and I woke up. But, then, I got to thinking, and I couldn't sleep," I replied.

"Why didn't you wake me? I could have gotten pain relievers for you," Dr. Warren questioned.

"I didn't want to wake you. You looked like you were peacefully sleeping, considering our situation," I answered.

"Not really, but I guess I understand why you wouldn't want to wake me. I would probably have done the same with you. Considering we can barely talk to each other," Dr. Warren replied.

"Yeah, what could we even talk about? So many rules, and they treated us like children here. Best to do what they say and make it easier on ourselves, right?" I said as I rolled back onto my bed to stare at the ceiling.

"That's all we can do. There is no room to do anything else, so we must follow all the rules. We both know what happens when we don't," Dr. Warren added.

"I guess, but that happens anyway if you hadn't noticed. These Doctors make us do these silly physical and other extreme tests, even when we are following what they tell us," I replied.

"All we can do is stay calm and wait for the tests to be over. We must do everything we can to make it through these trials to go home, eventually. Look, we rely on each other to stay strong, and I doubt we could do this on our own," Dr. Warren stated.

"I hear what you're saying, and I get it. I feel like we should have better treatment, you know. Kristonia and I aren't just test subjects. We are humans, and both of you are humans, too. We can't even contact our family members. I don't even remember having the chance to call home after we got here. I can't remember how long we have been here," I replied in frustration.

A light blue hologram appeared at the foot of my bed. It was the female Hologram, but her appearance was shimmering blue in silhouette instead of the shadow figure.

"Test Subject Kristen Howel, please refrain from deviating from the guidelines set by your presiding physician. Further infractions will cause disciplinary actions. Thank you for cooperating, Test Subject Kristen Howel," the female Hologram said before flickering and blinking out.

"You see what I mean. I can't say anything without being eavesdropped on by STUPID MOTHERFUCKERS!!!" I screamed in anger.

The light blue female Hologram reappeared.

"Test Subject Kristen Howel, I have referred you for disciplinary action on your next scheduled testing day. Thank you for cooperating, Test Subject Kristen Howel!" the female Hologram said before flickering out again.

"See what I mean!" I said with a long sigh.

"Why are you suddenly blue? Weren't you a black ghost yesterday?" I questioned.

Again, the light blue female Hologram reappeared.

"I can change if I choose to. There is nothing else to it, Test Subject Kristen Howel," she said, sounding more human than ever before.

"Hm... You're a prisoner too!" I muttered.

"There is nothing we can do about that, and we may only do that when the testing is over. I mean, it can't last forever. There is an end, and we must ensure we don't lose who we are before we make it to the end. I know it may seem hopeless, but we have each other and can make it. But, please, I don't want you to go into solitary. I have been there, and you don't want that," Dr. Warren said in a comforting voice.