Blood of My Death: The Ancient Earthscrapper - Chapter Ten

Memory Series Sequence Sub-002-0909... Memory Series Sequence diverts from Sub-001-0909 from this point on.

Memory Series Sequence 351001002451983...

Memory Series Sequence Sub-002-0909 - Evasion doctrine is active.

After finishing breakfast, we met outside the cafeteria before each went our separate ways. There wasn't much to say, so we said our pleasantries and hugged each other as we set off to different elevators. Dr. Warren and I followed the green arrows to the elevator that took us to the cafeteria floor. Kristonia and Dr. Iris took a different path, following blue arrows. Apparently, they were going to another elevator I was unaware of on the first floor; we'd never been there before. That was the problem with this place. We didn't know where to go to escape or what elevators we would need to access to achieve our goal. The only door visible was locked, and we could only access our quarters. My only awareness was the door where testing took place; it was apparent that it was easy to get lost. There were no visible labels or identifying features unless they activated the holo labels. As we were being led to rooms, we were unclear about their purpose.

We stepped into the elevator once it opened and waited as the doors closed as soon as we stepped in. Then, the elevator began taking us back down for several minutes. Unfortunately, the floor indicator was blank, and we would only know the floor we were on until we stopped. Counting the seconds until we reached the floor had become a habit for me. I had memorized every floor we had been to previously. Of course, I couldn't tell anyone I was doing this, but I hoped it would aid us one day.

Our elevator stopped after ten minutes. The longest ride so far, and I was eager to know what floor we were on. But, unfortunately, the dark silhouette hologram appeared in front of us again, as usual.

"Welcome to Floor three-hundred and twenty-seven, Dr. Rachel Warren and Test Subject Kristen Howel," the female hologram said as the doors behind it opened.

We didn't hesitate as we stepped off the elevator. The female hologram vanished, and the doors closed immediately. We were in another long white corridor, and a green arrow materialized onto the wall to our right. As far as I could tell, there were no doors on either side of the walls, and the only choice was to go straight. Dr. Warren pushed me in my wheelchair as we followed the green arrows down the long corridor for almost fifteen minutes before we came to an intersection. The green arrow showed we needed to go left, so we did. The vast corridors loomed before us as we stopped in the middle of the intersection.

We needed to find out which hallway we had come down if the green arrow had not been showing us the way. All four corridors looked the same, and someone could quickly become confused if they got lost. We followed the green arrows for another fifteen minutes before the green arrow stopped on the wall. Three green arrows just blinked in place in the middle of an all-white wall. I stood puzzled because there was no door anywhere. Usually, the green arrows stopped in front of a door, but this time, there was nothing.

"Are we in the right place?" I announced.

"We have to be. We followed the green arrows like we normally do. Maybe this is a program glitch," Dr. Warren replied, confused.

"What do we do then? I don't want to get lost down here," I responded.

"We should stay here for the time being. Then, the surveillance team monitoring us will know if we don't show up on schedule," Dr. Warren stated.

"They can't blame us for being late. We followed the green arrows like we always do," I added.

"We shouldn't be in trouble for something that's not our fault. So, we will wait here. The lab attendants are monitoring us, so they know the situation," Dr. Warren replied.