Blood of My Death: The Ancient Earthscrapper - Chapter Nineteen

Begin Memory Memory Series Sequence 482000152451983...

Memory Series Sequence Sub-001-0909.

Today was another day of medical tests and fitness tests for me. Since I was Kristen's twin sister, we both had similar performances throughout high school and college. They wanted to know the limits of my physical abilities. They paired me with Dr. Iris as usual, while Dr. Warren and Kristen worked on physical therapy at the other end of our clinic. We were on floor five of Resident One and spent many days here doing various activities. The Doctors scheduled me for a running test today, and Dr. Iris was to oversee my progress.

The room we were in was the size of three or four large gyms with equipment in rows. Tall floor-to-ceiling mirrors lined the wall on three walls, with holographic images playing on some of them. There was no one to watch them, as we were the only ones in the gym. On the fourth wall were several private rooms that looked more for testing than anything else. That was where Dr. Iris and I were heading.

"To make sure we are on the same page, I will review the tests Dr. Ashland wants us to finish today," Dr. Iris stated as we walked towards the back wall full of rooms.

"Yeah, sure, go ahead," I replied.

"We will test your stamina today. I will gauge how far you can maintain running. Your records show both of you trained as cross-country runners in high school and college. Both of you beat the long-distance running records with the best times in the Union. That's impressive, and I bet you could have made a professional career from it. No one since then has broken your record, and you both remain at the number 1 and 2 spots, respectively. Since Kristen cannot take this test, Dr. Ashland needs you to take this one to determine how well she would do," Dr. Iris explained.

"I see, but how would that help her? She hasn't run in years, and it would take her a while to get back to where she used to be," I responded.

"Yes, I understand why you would wonder that. Even though Kristen cannot walk, we believe that both of you did so well because of your competition with one another. That is the idea behind what Dr. Ashland believes her newfound ability to walk will result from that competition that would push her to do better. Under those circumstances, your body needs to be in top physical shape. That will aid in her recovery," Dr. Iris explained further.

"Hmm, I don't know. Wouldn't that push Kristen harder than she needs to?" I asked in a questioning tone.

"I don't think so. On the contrary, I think it will only inspire Kristen to push herself past her limitations," she added.

"Okay, if you say so," I replied, throwing my hands up.

Dr. Iris opens the door, allowing me to walk into the room first. To my surprise, three people were already there waiting for us.

"Welcome. I will administer the tests today," a voice said from a Doctor I had never seen before.

"Who are you?" Dr. Iris questioned.

"I don't have the authorization to give you my name. You may call me Doctor for the duration. These are my assistants," the Doctor replied.

"Is this another one of Dr. Ashland's orders?" Dr. Iris replied.

"You are correct. Now shall we get started?" the Doctor asked.

"I guess so," I replied.

"We have provided you with clothes. Please change into them. When you have completed that task, they will fit you with electrodes to monitor your vitals," the Doctor announced.

One of his assistants was holding a tray in his hand. In terms of outfits, they were horrible, basically just lingerie. So I walked over to him and picked up the clothes on the tray.