Blood of My Death: The Ancient Earthscrapper - Chapter Fourteen

The room we entered was the biggest one I had seen in the entire building, with a high ceiling. It had that familiar futuristic theme the rest of the building had. Situated in the center of the room was a gigantic black spherical object. This thing had to be the size of a two-story house. It was on a complex platform with a crane-like structure above it, holding it in midair. At the far end, there was another door to the right of us. Beyond the door were a control room with three levels and a viewport into the larger room. Then the female hologram appeared again.

"Welcome to the Special Mental Evaluation Clinic. Dr. Diane Iris, you may begin testing for test subject Kristonia Howl," a shadowy silhouette said.

When a chair lowered from the sphere, the sound of a hatch opening caught my attention. This chair looked like something from a horror movie, the type that an axe murderer straps his victims in just before he chops their heads off. The hologram motioned for Dr. Iris to take me to the chair. I was not about to get in that chair, and my gut told me it was a bad idea.

"I'm not getting in that fucking chair! Fucking screw you, motherfuckers," I yelled.

"I cannot permit test subjects to resist during the testing process. Dr. Iris, please place the test subject in the sleep deprivation chamber," the hologram insisted, mimicking a human voice.

"Wait, that isn't what Dr. Ashland meant!" Dr. Iris cried.

"Those are the orders given by Dr. Ashland. Please comply, or I will have to contact security," the hologram stated.

"There won't be any need for that!" A man said.

A short, stubby man was standing at the door wearing huge bifocal glasses that hid most of the facial features. His chubby, round face barely fit the bifocal glasses. His clothes were that of a typical doctor, which comprised a white lab coat, a dress shirt, and brown slacks. Because of the glare from his glasses, I couldn't see his eyes. What I could see was that sadistic smile on his face.

"Dr. Iris, please strap our test subject into the chair if you will," the man spoke, emphasizing the end of his sentence.

"Who the hell are you?" I yelled.

"Dr. Hans Travis, why are you here? For illegally testing on humans, you received a life sentence!" Dr. Iris barked.

I could hear the joy in his voice. Then, turning to Dr. Iris, I saw she had this look of absolute disgust and terror on her face. Her body trembled as she gripped her shoulders. I knew I was in serious trouble. Dr. Travis was patiently waiting for her to comply with his request. I jumped as she suddenly puked on the floor. She fell to her knees as she dry heaved before choking up vomit and spewing it onto the floor.

"Are you not up to the task, Dr. Iris?" Dr. Travis asked.

"What do you plan on doing to Kristonia?" Dr. Iris stuttered.

"Nothing that I haven't had the authorization to do," Dr. Travis answers.

"What the hell do you plan on doing to me?" I demanded with anger.

"You don't have the authorization to talk to me!" Dr. Travis rebutted.

"If you do not comply in sixty seconds, you will force me to contact security," the hologram informed me.

"Dr. Iris, I suggest you follow directions. You don't want security to get involved," Dr. Travis stated.

I could only imagine what could happen if security got involved. Dr. Iris and I looked at each other for several seconds. I didn't know what to do. 'What would happen to Kristen if I didn't do what they wanted?'

There was no other choice but to comply. If we wanted to escape, then I had to make it through this. I cautiously walked to the chair and sat down. Dr. Iris slowly walked to my side. I could tell she was about to tear up. I didn't blame her, and neither was I. All this was unreal, and I felt a part of myself become numb. For her, I put on my strongest face. A slight chuckle sounded from beside me. I hadn't seen Dr. Travis this close to me. He was leaning in towards me with a sinister anticipation on his face. Behind his eyes, I could see his true intentions toward me. Seeing me and Dr. Iris in fear delighted him. I was being tested on my sadistic side by this psychotic man.

'This man grossed me the fuck out.' My face made a disgusted expression as I turned to face my only salvation. But, sadly, Dr. Iris's expression was even worse.

She strapped me in slowly, working one strap, one buckle at a time, and taking as long as possible to prolong my fate. Once she strapped me in, Dr. Travis put a mask over my mouth and nose. Then, he connected it to a cylinder to my chair.

"Would you like me to begin the IV drip, Dr. Iris, or would you?" Dr. Travis said with a menacing grin.

"No, I will do it myself," Dr. Iris shot back angrily.

I hear the whooshing sound of the door opening, followed by quick footsteps.

Dr. Travis turns to see who has entered his laboratory and smiles.

"Ah... If it isn't the Executive Assistant Manager. I see you are here for my report. Never frit, I waited for your arrival so you could enjoy the show," Dr. Travis said, bowing as the woman came to stand beside him.

She looks at him with a stern look. I remember her from the journey here. She is the DNA Labs staffer that brought us here.

"Dr. Travis, this experiment was supposed to be done by noon. However, Dr. King has already concluded his test for today. Could you have not done the same?" she said.

"Yes, but you would have missed the experiment, and I know how thrilled you would gain from having a front-row seat," Dr. Travis replied, smiling.

Sighing, she began walking to the control room, but stopped abruptly. The blonde woman looks over her shoulders at me, and her expression turns to disgust.

"I want this over as quickly as possible. I need your report before I can have my meeting with Dr. Ashland, but I do have a little time. It would be nice to see that bitch squirm like a worm. She deserves it," the blonde woman said.

She continued to walk towards the control center.

Dr. Iris gathered the supplies that were already waiting for her. She hadn't noticed the two assistants that had come into the room with supplies. She carefully prepared a spot on my arm, cleaning it with alcohol pads. When she was sure she had found a spot, she inserted the IV needle into my arm. I felt a little sting as the needle penetrated my arm, but it was minimal. She then hooked up the IV line attached to the chair I was sitting in.