Blood of My Death: The Ancient Earthscrapper - Chapter Forty-Four

The terminal was gigantic as it was, like a train station. The style was like Resident One but looked a lot older. These blue, white, and silver flags hang along the high ceiling. "United Earth Coalition Colony," One building closest to us said, "Colonial Central Administration," There were holo emitters everywhere. Stores lined both sides of the terminal, and it seemed to curve around both ways like it was a vast circle around a larger structure. Many statues of figures that held no meaning to me stood gallantly. We saw things we'd never seen before. 'How could something this grand exist, and no one in the world knew it was here?' I thought while we explored. The place was well-kept and clean, yet neither of us saw anyone in sight. It looked to have been abandoned a long time ago, or the people merely didn't need it anymore.

I was awestruck by what we were seeing. This place was a work of genuine wonder. A marvelous place to behold. We came to an area that seemed to lead inside a central structure. A corridor that led inside had more artwork and statues displayed. It seemed to go on for miles. More like a path or trail than a scenic route. Halfway in, we came upon a giant globe that looked like our planet. It had holo displays showing everything. It had all the twelve continents and the names of the countries. I noticed the American Union was there, too, which was the nation we were from. The globe was. "New Earth" showed the world the way it was in the history books, yet a lot was missing. "Founded in the year 2601,"

"So our world is New Earth. Then what is Earth?" I asked.

"It must be where our race came from," Rachel suggested.

We continued on a while further, walking for many hours, when we came across another miniature globe. It was "Mother Earth," Like the last globe, it was very detailed. I saw the name "United States of America and the United Kingdom," and I found a place called "The Great State of Texas." It was nowhere as big as the Texas territories I live in and know of. Not even a fraction of the size. We found more words that we knew the meaning of. Even more, that sounded like some words we use today.

A lot of the artwork depicts the history of Mother Earth. A history that seemed alien to us was a lot to take in. This whole place was marvelous and a testament to ancestors we have forgotten.

We worked our way through a miles-long gallery until we came to an archway that led into an atrium. The vastness of the inner area was awe-inspiring. As we walked further into the structure, there was an open area in the center. From where we stood, neither the top nor the bottom could be seen. 'How deep underground were we? How could a structure like this have been built?' I thought. A small city or a dozen city blocks could easily fit in the center.

"Look at the size of this place?" I muttered.

"I can't believe such a place exists underground. How many more places are like this in the world?" Rachel whispered.

"Thousands of people live here?" I said.

"Try hundreds of thousands. Maybe millions. You saw that hallway type tunnel. I bet there are more places like this all over the world," Rachel explained as we walked exploring.

"What do you think this place was for?" I asked.

"Maybe something happened in our world's ancient history that required us to live deep underground," Rachel suggested.

"Do you think this place leads to the surface?" I questioned.

"More than likely. There are probably multiple ways in," Rachel said.

We walked to the railing by the open space. The whole place was lit up brightly. There had to be a thousand or more floors. 'How are we going to find a way out of here? I don't even know where to start,' I thought.