Chapter 1|The Whisper

Henry walked out of the pet store and onto the pavement of bustling people. A toothy grin spread over his face as his tingling fingers played with the small, colourful gift-bag.

"So?" He said as Fallon and Miyu exited the store. "What do you guys think?"

"I think he'll love it!" Miyu said.

"It's really cute." Fallon walked beside Henry to look inside the bag. "Good choice." A baby-sized blue beanie hidden inside.

"I really hope he likes it." Henry said, holding the bag to the sky, seeing the beanie through the plastic.

Miyu strode next to Fallon, pointing at the gift. "What colour will his shell turn if he hates it?"

"Purple, but Wonder sometimes turns his shell gray to say 'I don't hate it but I don't like it either, but thank you'. Turning Turtles always have a way with their colours." He grinned again. "But if he does like it, his shell will turn red!"

As Henry walked on, Fallon tugged on Miyu's pink sweatshirt, and they furtively fell behind him.

"How do I look today?" Fallon whispered, smoothing his yellow button up and dark blue jeans.

Miyu scrutinized him, trickling sweat rolling off his velvety brown face. "Damn, I'm so pale I could see my reflection in those massive sweat balls you got on your forehead."

He wiped his forehead with his hand, then took out a red rag and dabbed his face.

"Good?" Even a dog's sad blue eyes couldn't compete with Fallon's depressed ones.

"For shit's sake, give those blue suckers in your face some life. Lighten them up, don't look so glum. Straighten your posture, be confident." Miyu smacked his hands. "And stop fiddling with your gift bag."

"I'm sorry, it's just... this is the first time I'm actually gonna tell him how I feel. I'm so nervous my feet are shaking when I walk."

"Fallon, Miyu keep up!" Henry turned to them.

"Yea! We will!" Miyu said, watching Henry face the bustling city and dodging people. "Don't be sorry Fal, I understand being nervous. Just don't let it take you over when you confess to him."

"What am I even gonna say? 'Hi Henry, I know all three of us are best friends, but I've loved you since we had a threesome kiss with Miyu when we were 13 years old!'"

"Okay, maybe not so honest. You want to grab the guy, not scare him away. Besides, after the sex and make out sessions you've had with him, I'm sure he has a smidge of feelings for you."

Fallon watched her deadpanned. "Waw, thanks, that helps."

"You're welcome!" Miyu looked at the bag Fallon fiddled with again, rolling her eyes. "If you're not gonna stop finger fucking with that bag, then at least tell me if that's your birthday gift for Henry?"

"Yea." Fallon opened it showing her its contents.

"Wow! How many gifts are in there?"

"Maybe 5 or 6? I plan on putting it all in a hamper and giving it like a birthday hamper, you know?"

"Wait, is that the Book he wanted from Remmi Xen's collection?"

"Yup." He closed the bag. "What did you get him?"

Miyu pulled out the pink boxed gift. "It's the one and only Spectrum 23V." Then winked. "Colour matches my hair, doesn't it?"

"Wait what!?" Fallon grabbed the box. "This speaker is effing expensive. How did you- "

"Oh, nothing a little saving can't do, besides look at the shit-pile of gifts you have, must have been more expensive than mine. So I should ask you where you got all the money from?"
"Oh, you know, nothing a little saving can't do." They watched each other and laughed.