Chapter 6|Love

Henry pushed past the Herkit Trees, spooking the exotic creatures dwelling in the forest. He tumbled out of the enclosing trees into a small sequestered open space. As he sat on a rock, playing with the patch of grass before him, he listened to the trickling river ahead.

Henry then peered through the trees at the sky, while his shallow breathing calmed to be deep and rhythmic. The canopy's cluster proved difficult to even see a cloud. However, he spotted the blotches of pink, blue and yellow while holes of sunlight peeked through the trees.

As sweat imprinted on his clothes, he picked up a pebble, infused his frustration within it, and threw the stone as far as he could.

"Ow!"

Henry got up. "Who's there?"

The floating, human-like figure came through the tree, and Henry rolled his eyes.

"Cedric, why are you stalking me?"

"Hey now, I'm not stalking. I was worried, so I followed you, then I got lost further up and when I came back I hid-I mean, stopped behind the tree."

"A-huh, and how did a rock hit you?"

"It didn't, I just wanted to see if my body could remember the feeling."

"Of being hit by rock?" Henry furrowed.

"More than that, of knowing physical pain."

Henry stepped back.

"Oh shit! Now I know how it sounds. Well... you know what I meant! Anyway, how are you feeling?"

Henry walked into one of the holes of sunlight and looked at whatever pieces of the sky he found.

"I don't know why they brought me here. I've been telling them I'm not the Prince, and you saw it. The Chakrams didn't activate."

Cedric wiggled his fingers, manipulating the wind, and levitated the Chakrams in front of Henry.

"Woah!" He backed away. "How are you doing that? Do ghosts have magic when they die?"

"Ok, first of all, ghosts can't die."

Henry rolled his eyes again. "You know what I meant."

"Second of all, yes, people can get magical powers when they die, but only two of them. The ability to control wind is one."

"And the other?" He asked as Cedric placed the Chakrams by Henry's feet.

"That, you will know in due time."

"Oh, come on, don't be a mysterious ass!"

"Why not? It's fun. Now pick em up."

Henry looked at the Chakrams, then at Cedric. "Seriously? We're doing this again?"

"Just follow what I say."

"Fine, fine."

Henry picked up two in the left hand and two in the right, their weight flinching his shoulders.

"Now what?" He said, trying to look stronger than he was.

"Now, use it, except- "

"Cedric, we've done this before. It won't-"

"Would you listen to me?"

Henry bit his bottom lip and looked away.

"Use it, except this time I'll be talking as you do. And I want you to close your eyes too."

Bullshit... Henry followed suit.

"Okay, my eyes are closed, now what?"

Cedric circled him. "Release your shoulders and don't tense your body like that."