Chapter 24 - An Activated Relic of the Past

25th July, 3000: 12:42pm

“Fallon! For the love of god would you talk to me?”  Henry said, following him through the pasture dampened by the rain.

He grabbed his wrist, but Fallon pulled it away.

“Just leave me alone, Henry!” He trudged through the grass, soaked.

“Guys!” Ezra said. “Can’t we just go in the house and talk?”

“Not until this asshole tells me why he’s been ignoring me for the past couple of days!” Henry said.

“Oh I’m the asshole?” Fallon retorted, about to turn to him, but didn’t want to waste his time any further.

Before Henry could get closer, Cedric flew in front of him, irked and spreading his arms. “Leave him alone! It's best not to talk while you're angry!"

“No! I'm getting this resolved now." He walked through him, sending chills up his bones. Fallon!”

“Henry-“

“Be quiet Ezra! I’m fed up of this! Fallon Quinn!” He stopped walking, so furious the Chakram rings on his fingers glowed, powered by his anger. “If you don’t fucking talk to me right now, our friendship is done you hear me!”

Fallon stopped, shivering from the cold of the rain or the mere thought of losing Henry. He weighed his options. He’d always been timid and not the one for confrontation, but is their friendship worth the avoidance?

Turning around, he sped walked. His gritted teeth expressed the anger of the sky, while his blue eyes showed the sullen chillness of the rain. Tear cascaded down his face, but the heavy downpour covered it well. He grabbed a strangling fist full of Henry’s collar, and the two glared at each other like sworn enemies. Until-

“Hold shit!” Cedric said, watching Fallon kiss all his fury into Henry.

“Woah…” Ezra was taken aback, more shocked than broken.

It looked like Fallon wanted to swallow Henry’s head, and Henry the same. Their mouths opened so wide in one sloppy, enraged kiss. Until Fallon looked at Ezra.

Was that hurt, or surprise lodged in his face? And why was he just standing there? Shouldn’t he be angry, stomping to Fallon fuming then beat the shit out of him? He was kissing his boyfriend. He would never have done this, never.

Kissing his best friend when he knew he’s in a relationship? He was too shy to ask to sit next to a stranger, much less perform an act of treason.

A feeling of guilt kicked him in the gut and he pushed Henry away. He had gone as far as to kiss him; might as well let it out.

“I fucking love you, okay?” He shouted as the rain eased.

Henry took a step forward. “Fallon, I love you to-“

“No, you stupid dumbass! I mean, I love you more than just my best friend! I’m in love with you, Henry!”

Henry’s mouth fell open, and he touched his lips, swollen and pink. He’s… in love with me?

He shuffled back a step, his eyes bulging as he tried to grab any response in his brain, but he was speechless. The brazen, foul-mouthed Henry Monte was actually speechless. Shut down by a couple of words, but they weighed a lot.

Fallon’s confession replayed like a broken record, and memories of when he said ‘I love you’ as he, Miyu and Fallon stood in the forest that night blipped through his mind. He was so shy, which was weird since they have told each other they loved each other before. So why was that time any different? And like a snail crossing the street, he finally put two and two together.