Chapter 29|Unite!

Fallon stood and took out his phone. He dialed Henry’s number while tapping his foot like an impatient child. Taking a peek at Gent and Bristine, they looked confused.

They walked left further up the pasture. Then stopped, argued and walked right, as if they didn’t know the area. Maybe they only knew the front of Sorden.

Fallon held his breath when a voice came through.

“The number you are trying to reach is not in service, or it has been switched off. Please leave a message-“

He sighed and hung up. He’d never known Henry to have his phone on him 24/7. Hell, he even forgot it when he went to Rion. What made Fallon think he would magically have it now?

So he tried Miyu, and god, bless this child.

“Hey Fal! Training right now. What’s going on?”

“Do you remember those guys that invaded Henry’s home and were looking for him? They tied us up and everything.”

“Yeah?”

“Well, they’re back, and Henry isn’t picking up. I need you to get here quickly. You’re the only one with Magic I can contact right now.”

“Hey!” Cedric protested.

“Sorry.” Fallon said. “Cedric’s here too.”

“Oolala, what was going on between you two?”

“There’s no time for that, just hurry! We’re by the herkit tree in the pasture on the other side of Sorden…” Fallon swallowed, looking at Cedric spying on the two, then whispered. “I’ll tell you later.” And he hung up.

“Miyu is coming.” He confirmed.

“Great, but for now, if they get anywhere near the tree," Cedric faced him. "We have to stop them.”

“What the hell will I do? At least you have wind magic.”

“I’ll read their minds if they attack you and tell you how to dodge or land a hit.”

“Wait, you can read minds? Since when? Does Henry have a superpower too?

“No no, when you die you get two types of magic, mind reading and wind controlling.”

“And flying.”

“Not considered a type of magic really, that’s a given. Anyway, we’ll talk about it later. You understand the plan?”

“Yeah… I’m just… scared. I’ve never fought before.”

Cedric flew closer than necessary with determination etched into his expression. “I promise I won’t let them hurt you.”

Fallon’s eyes bulged, and he blushed, looking away. “Ahh… okay. I would say the same but, I’m useless.”

“No you’re not.” Cedric said. “With both of us, we can distract them so they don’t cause chaos for other people in Sorden.”

“Oh-“

Before Fallon could finish, their footsteps were so crisp, like crunching leaves and snapping twigs were right at his ears. Cedric nodded once, and the two jumped out.

“Don’t go any further!” Fallon said, feet trembling.

“Huh? And who are you?” Bristine mocked.

“That’s the guy we tied up in the house, not the father, the other one. And… I’m not sure who the ghost is.”  Gent explained.

“Ohhhh, I remember now.” She pointed to him. “Henry’s boyfriend, right?”