Chapter 8|Captured

Henry closed the car door and watched it drive away. He rubbed his arms, expelling the cold of the night, while walking through the gates of Sorden.

Two people were running to him, but in the lambent street light, they looked like black blobs waddling, or maybe he was just tired.

“Henry!” the blobs called.

Henry squinted. “What?”

The city noise next to him canceled their voices.

“Oh!” But as the blobs got more into the light, it was a fuming Miyu and a relieved Fallon.

A hand on her hip while tapping her foot, Miyu watched her phone, then Henry.
Fallon placed a black denim jacket around him, and before Henry could thank him, Miyu coughed for attention.

“Where have you been, young man?” She folded her arms. “It’s now…” She looked at her phone, then folded them again. “8:23pm.”

Henry hugged Fallon. “Thank you.”

Then hugged Miyu. “I love you.”

“Wait, wait!” Fallon pulled them apart. “I get a ‘thank you’ and she gets an ‘I love you’? Best Friend discrimination!”

Henry laughed and kissed him on the cheek. “I love you too, Fallon.”

“Huh…” He averted his eyes, hiding the creeping smile. “Much better.”

Miyu took Henry by the hand, dragging him forward as Fallon followed. “I’ll forgive you this once, but next time, there will be punishment for being back so late.”

“Those Royals were the ones that kept me back. Asking me questions, showing me the Palace, It’s not every day you find your long, lost prince. Besides, what will be my punishment, Mom?”

Miyu squinted. “I will force you to kiss Fallon.”

Henry stopped walking. The gaping awe in his face could either be surprise or disgust. He turned around and ran back to the gate.

“Where are you going?” Miyu shouted.

“Back to Rion and I’m never coming back! I’ll get to Kiss Fallon forever then, right?”

Fallon turned around and cupped his face.
“Henry Lucius Shane, get back here!” Miyu ordered.

***

Walking through the doors of his childhood, home never smelled so nostalgic, and he had only been gone for a couple hours. He pointed his nose to the air.

“Damn, is that what I think it is?” He asked.

“Yup.” Miyu said.

“Your mom’s bean curry and rice.” Fallon replied. “Best I ever had. Better hope I leave some back for you!” Fallon ran into the kitchen and Henry sprinted after him, while Miyu rolled her eyes and strolled.

Like the children they were, Henry and Fallon fought over the seat at the island.

“Boys, boys!” Harper giggled, then wiggled the spoon in their faces. “There’s enough for everyone.”

Their little tussle got some chuckles out of them, but Fallon’s brawny stature shoved Henry off the seat, and he winced.

“Oh, shit!” Fallon stood. “Are you hurt? Where? Show me.”

Henry smirked like the devil he was and shoved Fallon out of the way, taking his spot on the island. “I win!”

“That was a dirty move!” Fallon groaned, pulling out a stool next to him.