Chapter 51|The Truth is revealed

Zaire pushed the doors of the throne room, glaring at her husband getting comfortable on the golden throne with a plate of chicken.

“What?” Favian said.

“We have literally thousands of homeless citizens outside, and you’re lazing around on the throne?”

“Lazing around…” Favian took a bite of his meal. “And eating.”

Zaire’s flared nostril would embarrass a dragon’s. If she could breathe fire, he’d be the one smoked on that plate, not the chicken. The catastrophe outside was enough to break her craze-o-meter, and her husband was not helping to keep that meter from exploding.

“Favian, if you don’t get your fat ass oft that throne, I swear you will-“

“My love.” Favian got up- he hadn't a choice anyway- and walked towards her. “Calm yourself. We’ve won. When they return with the news that Prince Henry is dead, we can act our part as King and Queen and sort out this population overload.”

“But we still have to keep up appearances. The kingdom won’t-“

“Your Excellency!” A guard run in the room out of breath.

“See?” Favian nodded. “What did I tell me? We waited for the news, and now it’s here.”

Once the guard caught his breath, bowed. “Please forgive my appalling entrance, but…”

“Nothing to worry about, raise your head and tell us what happened.” Favian said.

“It’s Prince Henry. He has returned!”

Favian formed a fist, now it was his turn to huff and puff like a dragon. “Show us.” He said, stomping his way outside.

✧✧✧

The tourizal landed in the citadel, dripping and crushing the ground beneath her feet. Thousands of Caldirians and Rionic people at the bottom of the stairs watched on, awaiting Henry’s report of Uldine. They shoved, grumbled and groaned their way to the front of the gate, like fans begging for an autograph.

Favian breathed, reminding himself of his and his wife’s conquest. He didn’t go through years of ruling this kingdom for it to be taken by some half-assed adult. Smiling, he opened his arms as Henry and the crew climbed down the bird.

“Prince Henry! How lovely it is to see you alive and well.”

Henry glared. “It’s not so lovely to see you and your snake for a wife alive and well at all!”

The citizens gasped and any shoving or grumbling ceased.

“Wh-Why would you say that?”

“Because I know the truth.” He stepped aside, showing Zaire and Favian the culprit behind the destruction of Uldine: Erasmus.

“Who is-“

“This is Eramus, Favian! The man you destroyed the life of because of your selfish desire to be King!”

The citizens below murmured the tales of Erasmus. They knew him to be dead. Nothing but a man locked in the history of Uldine. But now here he was, standing in the flesh, and as young as a new born compared to how old he should be.

“What?” Zaire said. “Prince Henry, I assure you we-“

“I assure you my ass!” Henry turned around to face the anticipating crowd. “Everyone listen up! Zaire and Favian have lied to you for eighteen years! They are the reason the king, queen and first prince of Rion Kingdom are dead!”

The citizens gasped and murmured.

“On what claims do you make such ridiculous accusations?” Favian argued.

“On the claim of the truth.” At the top of the staircase, Henry shouted the truth for every Rionic and Caldirian citizen.

Expressing how the two frauds transformed into Erasmus’ mother, framed her for murder and took up the throne, leaving Erasmus to become the vengeful person he is today. Henry also explained Erasmus’ scheme of collecting all the magic of the stones.

Everyone, even the guards posted by the gates of the palace and in the citadel, listened in horror of the thing Favian and Zaire did.

“Because of you,” Henry said, walking to them fuming. “My parents are dead, my only brother is dead! He was a beautiful person. Funny, kind, a little weird, but in the best and most loving way possible.”

“And how would you know anything about your brother?"

“That’s Prince Cedric to you, Favian.” Cedric said flying down from the sky in which he remained hidden for a grand entrance.

The crowd gasped again, rubbing their eyes and popping their ears. Two questions wandered their lost minds: How is the blue sea is a ghost here? And why is the ghost Prince Cedric of Rion?

“He’s also dramatic.” Henry said.

“Oh don’t pretend you don’t love my drama. I’d do wonders in the acting industry if I was alive.”

“And you will be again.” Henry said. “Guards!” He’d been waiting all night to say this one. “Cease him and her!”

No one moved… until Favian bolted like a rabbit, two guards hot on his tail. Zaire didn’t even try running in her heels. But she watched as her husband ran around the fountain and the bird’s legs. For a very thick man, she was surprised he could have such bursts of energy, but also for a thick man, those bursts of energy ran out quickly and the guards pinned him to the ground.

Henry walked to him, head held high as he was handcuffed and glaring.

“Snarl at me all you want.” Henry said. “Your reign is over. Take him away.”

And so the guards did.

Ezra, Miyu and Fallon jumped on Henry, hugging him and high-fiving one another.

“You were so cool!” Fallon said.

“You should have seen yourself!” Miyu copied him. “’Your reign is over.’ That was so badass!”

“You were amazing Henny Benny.” Ezra held his hands, kissing him on the forehead.

Henry chuckled. “Thank you. But it’s not over.” He looked at Erasmus. “There’s still one more thing to do.”

Gent and Bristine then stared at Erasmus. “What is there left?” Bristine said.

Erasmus smiled, his dimples showing. “It’s time to do the right thing.” He watched Cedric. “We’re gonna bring Cedric back to life.”