Chapter 45|Subjective Villainy

Sorpinger Kingdom: the aerial supply chain of Uldine. Of all the Kingdoms, it’s the most sophisticated. A little too much as they’re seen as stuck up, but their impeccable decorum and etiquette was the product of numerous prior generations.

Changing such ways is ultimately re-wiring the brain. Well, years ago when Queen Morray married her messy, impulsive, loose husband, it was like a scandal.

The Kingdom gossiped about it and the King was scorned upon for months. But the more the people interacted with him, and saw how he ruled justly, they warmed up to him like ants to sugar.

Ruling for an uncountable amount of prosperous years, Queen Morray and King Widius’ adulation for the kingdom’s blue and white aesthetic was like psychotic romance. Every morning the Queen would spread her curtains to relish its beauty.

The buildings painted white and the single shade of azure blue added to its heavenly appearance, as if Sorpinger was a Kingdom of the skies.

A towering fountain in the center was the most famous scene with its symmetrically spiraling water, after the parliament-looking palace and its glistening glass dome, of course

It’s said, at the meridian hour it shines like a second sun, how the sunlight completely ricochets off each octagonal glass plate.

With such opulence sequestered in every nook and cranny of the kingdom, even the streets and alleyways were garbage free.  

Well… that was before the Sorpinger stone was removed.

Now the streets were littered with smashed up buildings and crushed cars. The roads broke apart like kitkat chocolate. All the rooted flora were upheaved, all the water from the fountain flooded quarter of the city and the palace looked like Godzilla stepped on it.

The once heavenly Sorpinger was now sinfully apocalyptic, overrun with fires and black wild magic.

Ezra caught on how to summon tourizal birds and brought forth two of them. With all the sorpinic citizens present, they flapped away from Sorpinger to Xander Kingdom.

Morray sighed, watching with indifferent eyes as the Kingdom was being demolished more than it already was.

“We made the right choice.” Widius said.

“Did we?”

“Yes. And if we must, we’ll re-build the entire kingdom.” He kissed her on the forehead and cuddled her on the bird’s head.

The tourizal screamed, welcoming the romance.

At the intersected road lined with trees and street lamps, the Udini Squad watched as Sorpinger fell apart.

The night crawling along the skyline only added more despondence to the tragedy. The last twinkle of sunlight passed, and the waning crescent moon smiled like the Cheshire Cat.

Street lamps automatically lit up and the sorpinger stone in Miyu’s hand glowed brighter in its royal blue magnificence.

She scrutinized the shifting white lines within accompanied by a void of swirling gold and purple colours: the magic.

“So, now what?” Cedric asked.

“Well,” Miyu turned to the team. “If they want all the stones of Uldine, they’re six remaining: Apelagan, Amirzia, Equirelda, Caldire, Xander and Rion.”

“So, the plan is to take all those stones, eventually destroying Uldine anyway?”

“Bascially. Uldine will become a battlefield, and if we win, we re-build the country.”