Chapter 12|The Royal Meeting

Cedric hovered above Henry, admiring his brother in the tailored blue and gold attire he missed wearing. They were probably in a chest box somewhere catching dust. 

Henry fixed the crocked golden crown on his head for the umpteenth time.
Stupid piece of shit.

And Cedric laughed, earning a menacing squint from him, cutting his chuckle.

His sash fluttered in the night's cool air, blowing in from the Palladian windows on both ends of the grand, spacious room. It read, 'Prince Henry Monté'. Well, the only thing princely about him were his clothes. He stood like a fretful teacher; arms crossed and body leaning to one side. 

The guards opened the door, Zaire and Favian rushing in as if to warn them about a plague.

"Are we late? Did it start?" She dusted off her purple dress and looked around the room. 

"No no." Abayomi said. "The Royal Family isn't here yet."

"Ohhh..." Favian sighed. "Good. Nothing less than perfection for this meeting."

And perfect it was. The magnificent marble, diamond-shaped table and glass chairs surrounding it were burnished to a reflective shine. Both crystal chandeliers were a radiant star cascading white light throughout the room. Even the massive silver rug underneath the table was vacuumed, then washed and dried for the utmost vibrancy of the fur-like silver strands.

Favian examined it all, ensuring nothing was even a millimeter out-of-place, then sighed again. "The fate of this kingdom and Xander Kingdom rest on how well this meeting goes."

"Don't worry about a thing." Abayomi reassured him. "The room is gorgeous, everyone is present, and the Prince is looking superb! I think the royal family will love it."

Just then, trumpets outside the room blared and everyone jolted.

"They're here!" Zaire frantically pulled out a chair and sat along with her husband.

Henry and Abayomi caught on and rushed to find their seats around the diamond, the prince at the head point.

"Presenting!" the announcer began, and the guards pushed the door again. "The Royal Family of Xander Kingdom!"

Two elegant and regal women walked in first.

"Queen Anapex!"

She bowed, her fluffy green dress sparkling and long mahogany curls flowing off her shoulders. Intense brown eyes criticized the room, and she smiled.

"Princess Ingrid!" The young lady bowed as well. Not a strand of hair moved; her brown up-swept hairstyle was sprayed to shimmer in the light, just as her ivory skin shone.

Henry tried not to widen his eyes any further before they blew out. He ogled the two women, taking their seats in the most graceful manner. The princess' brown eyes darted to him, and for just a moment, an electric fizz zipped through his arms.

Am I... anxious?

"Presenting!"

Henry shook his head and looked forward.

"The King of Xander Kingdom!"

Afraid? Fearful? Scared?

No.

Henry's body shifted in his seat to the pulse of something else.

Intimidation.

The king, in all his golden and crimson suited opulence, stepped proudly into the room with a chin in the air, as if this was his kingdom and not Henry's.